SS3: Katsuragi Kohei - The Leader

I woke up early to start working. Yesterday we had installed our camp quite late because of the incident with Class B. They had been quicker and managed to occupy the cave, the hut, and the tower. So, we had been forced to wander around the island in search of another spot. I had noticed some other places when the cruise ship made the tour of the island, but those spots were on the other side of the island and moving there with all our baggage and with so many people would have taken a long time.

Luckily enough, we came across this spot with the well. Therefore, we wouldn't have any problems with water supply. Not that we would have had that kind of problems.

Yesterday, I had concluded an alliance with Class C. Each student in our class would have to transfer to Class C, or more specifically, to their leader, twenty thousand points monthly. In exchange, they would spend all their 300 points from this exam and supply us with the resources we needed. Naturally, the deal didn't stop there, and it still wasn't completely closed. There was also another clause to this contract, Ryuuen would find the leaders of Classes B and D for me and show me a physical proof to confirm the leader. I would be a fool if I just trusted the word of someone like Ryuuen.

Noticing Mashima-sensei on the corner of the camp I went and joined him.

"Good morning, Mashima-sensei."

"Good morning, Katusragi. I just came to tell you that the resources arrived. You can confirm if everything's there."

Mashima-sensei pointed to the boxes that were next to him. I nodded and took out the manual to make the inventory and confirm everything I had commanded was here. One could never be too careful.

"Thank you, Mashima-sensei. The shower and the toilet will be installed by the staff, right?"

"Yes," he nodded. "You just have to tell me where do you want them and we'll take care it."

I thanked him again and he parted back to his tent.

As I was making the inventory of the goods, Yahiko joined me.

"Good morning, Katsuragi-san."

I greeted him back.

"Those are the goods you commanded?"

"Yes, I'm confirming everything's in order."

He nodded satisfied with my answer.

"As expected of you, Katsuragi-san. Diligent as ever."

I thanked him for the compliment and asked him if he wanted to help me. He gladly accepted and we continued with the inventory. I was telling Yahiko what he needed to look for and he would do so.

"Class C seems to have sent everything, Katsuragi-san."

"We'll be sure once we've finished," I responded.

It wasn't because everything seemed in order that that was the case.

"Good morning! Katsuragi-kun, Yahiko-kun. What are you doing?"

I turned towards the voice to find Tomori smiling brightly at us. I immediately eyed her suspiciously. She was Sakayanagi's right hand, there was no way I would trust her, the fact that she had announced she would respect my leadership to the entire class didn't matter.

Yahiko smiled gently at her. I tried not to sigh. I had warned him to be wary of Tomori several times since the school began but he couldn't resolve himself to do so.