V8: Chapter 4 - Day One

Kanzaki Ryuuji POV

It was past six in the morning when light-hearted music began to reverberate throughout the room from speakers, clearly a signal for us to get out of bed.

The room was still dark. The sunlight couldn't even get through the thin curtains.

Tetsuya opened the curtains, and faint sun-rays illuminated the room.

I looked around the place to see that Sudou was the only Class C student that had woken up, he was even putting his clothes on.

Sotomura, who for some reason preferred to be called Professor, was sitting on his bed, rubbing his eyes.

The other four were dead asleep. One of them was even snoring.

I passed a hand through my face, trying not to get mad at this.

Why did Karma agree to this?

It didn't make any sense. Class C basically threw us their dead weight, trusting we wouldn't cause their expulsion.

Since I was the representative of the group, doing such a thing was ridiculous.

Yet, like Karma told me, I would need to keep an eye on them to ensure they didn't drag us down.

The bright side was that, Sudou was one of the students in our year with the best physical aptitude.

"Yo! Get the fuck up! all of you!" my classmate Beppu Ryouta shouted as if he were a military official, waking up his recruits.

All Class C students, except for Yamauchi, stood up and in the blink of an eye, were standing in front of their beds, aligned with a military salute. Ryouta and Eiichiro exchanged a brief look where Eiichiro nodded as if giving Ryouta some kind of authorisation.

"Stand at ease." Ryouta sighed and walked over Yamauchi's bed before shouting once again in the sleeping student's ear.

Yamauchi woke up with a scream and fell off his top bunk with a loud thud. After a few attempts, he managed to stand up. He straightened his pyjamas and glared at Ryouta.

"The hell was that, dude?!" he uttered, visibly outraged.

"Put your clothes on, we're gonna be late," Ryouta commanded.

"Eh? And you're giving orders now?" Yamauchi retorted. "I—"

"The assembly will begin shortly and we're gonna be late if you don't hurry. Now, put your damn jersey on."

"What are you talking about? There was no alarm—"

Ryouta punched Yamauchi right on the stomach, sending him to his knees. Ijuuin gestured to approach his friend but a glare from Ryouta sent him back to his place in the line of Class C students. Ryouta kneeled next to Yamauchi.