SS5: Hiroya Tokito - The Seeds of Revolution

Once the ship set sail, I went over the girls' deck to find her.

Misaka Mikoto.

When the results were announced my first reaction was one of shock. But it was quickly replaced by frustration. Ryuuen's plan was supposed to give us a great result. Instead, we only gained 50 points.

However, when I sat to think more carefully about the results and the reason for Misaka's and Chikujoin's presence I came to a conclusion.

Ryuuen's plan had somehow failed and the two of them had tried to minimize the damage. If that was true, then the fifty points we gained were actually very good news.

Not only that, but these results meant that there was an alternative.

An alternative to Ryuuen.

Staying under his tyrannical way of leading wasn't the only option. I quickly discarded Chikujoin, she wouldn't lead someone. But Misaka... if I was able to convince her to lead the class then we would keep our possibilities of reaching Class A alive and we wouldn't have to be obeying Ryuuen.

That was the reason of my presence on the girls' floor.

I was certain most of my classmates, if not everyone, would be glad if Misaka took command instead of Ryuuen.

Arriving at the door of her room, I knocked. I wasn't certain she was in her room but since I didn't find her anywhere on the ship I decided to come and check here.

I knew this was her room because she was one of Manabe's and Kinoshita's roommates.

To my surprise the one who opened the door wasn't any of those three but their fourth roommate. Morofuji Rika.

"Huh? Hiroya-kun?" she asked weakly. Did I intimidate her?

"Hello Morofuji," I greeted her. "Is Misaka here? I would like to talk to her."

"Misaka-san? Eh? Umm... Wait a moment."

With those words, she closed the door on my face.

Morofuji was by far the shyest person in our class. I wonder how she became friends with someone like Manabe. Not that I considered Manabe a bad person, but her personality was the complete opposite of Morofuji's and still, my statement falls short.

I waited a good ten minutes before the door opened again to reveal a sleepy Misaka rubbing her eyes and yawning. She looked like she had just woken up. It took all this time to Morofuji to woke her?

"Ahh.... Hiroya-ku... aahh?"

She even had a green pyjama with the face of some frog in it.

Seriously, this isn't what I called a way to welcome someone. Why was she sleeping anyway? Was she that tired from the exam? It wasn't even 6 PM yet.

"Hello, Misaka, would you mind if we talk? There's something I'd like to discuss with you."

"...Eh? Sure... Let's have a walk."

"Umm... Are you going to go out dressed like that?" I asked her with uncertainty.

She made a confused expression and then realized what she was wearing.

"Huh? Eh? Ehhhhhhhh?"

Bam!!

The door immediately shut in my face. The sound reverberated in my ears for a moment. Just how much strength did she put there?