V3: Chapter 1 - Deserted Island

Tomori Nao POV

After leaving Sakayanagi under Kamuro's care in her room, I went outside to enjoy some of the Pacific Ocean air. Somehow, we had managed to convince Mashima-sensei to allow Sakayanagi to come despite her illness. She wouldn't be able to go to the island but, with enough luck, she should be able to enjoy the rest of our stay in the cruise.

Before leaving, Sakayanagi had given me one task to carry out on the island. That was to make Katsuragi fall of course. It bothered me that she told me to do it as if I wasn't planning on doing just that. Yet, this made me suspect even more that the island vacation thing was in fact one of those special exams I had come across while investigating the school.

This cruise ship was just too good to come without a catch. There was absolutely no need for us to pay for tuition, or other miscellaneous expenses. Everything was covered by the school. The cruise itself was of the highest possible quality. It was fully equipped, from restaurants, shops, pools, a spa and even a theatre. I have no idea how much a cruise like this could cost but I was certain more of ninety percent of the students in our school wouldn't be able to afford it.

Our trip was supposed to be the pinnacle of luxury going from here to a one week stay on a summer lodge on a deserted island before returning to the ship for another whole week.

At 5 AM today, the first-year students had boarded buses and departed for Tokyo Bay. The passenger ships departed from the port once the students arrived. After eating breakfast in the lounge, students were permitted to move freely throughout the entire vessel. Best of all, we were able use any of the ship's facilities free of charge.

"Attention, students. Please assemble on the deck. You will be able to see the island soon. This is a good time to take in some rather significant scenery."

As I arrived at the deck the strange announcement issued from the ship's PA. The island appeared on the horizon a few minutes later as more and more students gathered to look at the significant scenery.

Looking at the island it didn't seem to have any high-quality installations. In fact, except for one or two structures, the island seemed to be completely deserted. I glanced at the people looking at the island. A little far from me I could see some kind of altercation between some of my classmates and Class D students amongst whom was Kiyotaka. Who was calmly studying the island when he was shoved, he grabbed the deck's railing to keep from falling. My classmates laughed.

I sighed. How ridiculous.

Continuing to observe the rest of the students I noticed Katsuragi carefully examining the island. So, he noticed? That was a shame, in a class without Sakayanagi, Katsuragi would have become a great leader. However, that couldn't be, if I was going to face Karma and Mikoto, Sakayanagi was far more valuable than him. I didn't particularly mind Kiyotaka involving himself in class affairs. For this exam, at least.

If it really was an exam, I would just limit myself to make Katsuragi fall. It didn't matter if we fell to Class B as a consequence. The priority was to end with this civil war before summer was over and return to the school with a perfectly unified class.

I also saw Karma along with the other four leaders of his class. They were studying the island while Ichinose was talking to Matsuo about something. Karma had a grin on his face, which basically confirmed my suspicions about the special exam. He would probably try to get to Class A with a decisive blow. That was good, though, it meant that I could use him against Katsuragi.

In Class C, only Mikoto and Chikujoin were there. Well, they were the only ones studying the island, the other Class C students were simply changing jokes between them, Ryuuen wasn't anywhere to be seen. I found that quite curious but let it slide for the moment. Class C could do whatever they wanted; I had my eyes on Class B.