V7: Chapter 5 - Playing With A Hive

Akabane Karma POV

As Chie continued her lesson on whatever theory on physics, I continued to draw on my notebook waiting for the end of today's classes.

Everything was going pretty great up until now, although I still needed to propose my solution to Ryuuen. Therefore, I needed to talk to the guy. In the eyes of the school, Shiina was the one that had been defaming me thanks to that well-timed rumour that spread like wildfire in the cafeteria.

One does feels good when things go like planned.

There was also that weird matter of Nao walking with someone disguised as a bear that made me believe that she was up to something - which had basically been confirmed in that friendly meeting over some home-made meal. I had also been quite busy with our student council tasks. With the student council room going over another renovation, the details we were still polishing regarding the mixed training camp and my plans I barely had any time to do anything else.

Thinking about it, though, I barely go out with my classmates...

Well, Yuki, Ichinose, Shinobu and Matsuo were everything I needed. Kanzaki was right where he should be and Shibata and Amikura simply accomplish their task of being the cheerful guys when the leaders weren't there.

Never mind that, my relationship with my classmates was irrelevant.

What mattered was becoming Class A. If things continued this momentum then the mixed training camp would be vital.

Still, I needed to be careful. The post on the forum, despite being calculated, had been a risk. Kiyotaka's reaction to it could be anything. Even if my reputation wasn't what you could call the one of a good and caring friend, it wasn't as bad as to make everyone believe that I had actually killed someone, especially if that someone was Shinobu's sister. And if we added the letters that accused me of stealing from the school of a few weeks back then everything was set to make people turn against the one defaming me.

I bit my lip.

The only thing I could do now was pray that Kiyotaka didn't took that post the wrong way. If he did... It was unclear what would happen to our alliance with his class. In an ideal world, we would continue to work together and take Nao and Sakayanagi off their throne. We would become Classes A and B respectively and end our alliance on a high note before turning on each other.

Of course, I doubted things would be that simple. If Kiyotaka does decide to target me the road ahead would be strewn with pitfalls.

I prayed every god I knew the name of for Kiyotaka's attention to remain on Nao.

At the very least, I needed time to make some plans. Not to win obviously, but some damage control would be required.

Finally, Chie-sensei began wrapping up her lesson putting an end to today's classes. I smiled, happy that it was over.

Suddenly, the door that was not far from me was burst open and the person I had been meaning to talk to, entered the classroom. His little gang behind him.

"Ryuuen-kun?" Chie tilted her head confused.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I heard Beppu's voice protesting and some classmates backing him.

Ryuuen ignored them and walked in my direction.

"Now, how 'bout we have a little chat?" he queried after slamming my desk with his fist.

A giant smirk formed on my face

"Heh~? You've got some guts to come here. A pity you didn't dare do it alone," I taunted, obviously referring to the other day when I entered his classroom alone.