SS1: Horikita Suzune - A Helping Hand

When lunch time came everyone began to leave, I was going to take my bento when two girls entered the classroom gathering everyone's attention.

On had pink-coloured hair while the other had a dark purple coloured hair. I recognized the first as Ichinose Honami, but I didn't know who the other was, I suppose she was from Class B as well.

Hirata-kun was the first one to react, standing up and asking the two what their purpose was here.

"I'm sorry for irrupting in your classroom. For those who don't know me I'm Ichinose Honami from Class B, here at my left is my classmate Kocho Shinobu. Our teacher informed us about what happened. One of your classmates got into a fight with Class C students. We discuss it in our class and decided to help you. We would like to know if your class leaders would be disposed to talk with us this lunch."

Ichinose spoke going directly to the subject at hand not wanting to waste any time. This was interesting, I was going to ignore this matter, I had done enough for Sudou-kun already. Yet, if with this I was able to use Class B in Class D's favour somehow, then giving a helping hand could be worth it.

"That's great news. Thank you very much, Ichinose-san, Kocho-san. The only problem is that our class doesn't really have a leader."

"I would be happy to go," Matsushita-san spoke as Ichionse was going to reply, "You can come as well, Hirata-kun, you're an important member of our---"

But her initiative was cut short because of her and Hirata-kun's group of friends who began to protest arguing that they were supposed to eat lunch together.

"Hehe, I suppose you're right," Matsushita-san said scratching her head. "Then why don't you go, Kushida-san?"

"Eh? Me? Are you sure, Matsushita-san?"

"Of course, you're one of our most trusted classmates, if there's a meeting about class affairs, then it only makes sense for you to attend it," Matsushita-san smiled kindly at her while saying those words.

Our classmates gave their support to Kushida-san after Matsushita-san's words. This made Kushida-san agree to attend the meeting.

I couldn't let Kushida-san take care of this on her own.

"I will attend as well," I spoke calmly standing up.

"Huh? Horikita-san?" Kushida-san asked.

"Great. Horikita-san already saved Sudou-kun and Ike-kun on the midterms," Matsushita-san commented. "You and Kushida-san are perfect to act as class representative's here."

Our classmates voiced their agreement. I couldn't care less about Matsushita-san's opinion. I was going to attend this meeting and made sure Kushida-san doesn't put us in an even worse position. I had no trust in her. I don't know how capable Class B students are, but I had to make sure that our class doesn't fell in some unbalanced agreement. I didn't trust in Class B's goodwill, either.

"It's decided then," I said.

"Let's go to the cafeteria then," Kocho-san spoke cheerfully. "You can come as well Sudou-kun, we will be discussing your case after all."

"Huh? Y-yeah, I'll come.'

Before leaving I approached a brown-haired boy who went towards two friends of his.

"Ayanokouji-kun."

"Hmm?" he turned his attention towards me. "Do you need something, Horikita."

"Yes," I responded. "You'll be coming as well."

"Why? You and Kushida are going, shouldn't it be enough?"

"Oh, more than enough. Kushida's presence is unnecessary. But since you're helping me reach Class A, it might be useful for you to hear what we're going to talk about."

"But—"

"Horikita-san! Are you coming?" Kushida-san called me from the door.

I didn't respond but just took Ayanokouji-kun by the arm and pulled him towards the exit. Sudou's foolishness had given me an opportunity to negotiate a deal with Class B's leaders, so I'll give him my helping hand once more even if I don't think he deserves it. If I can manage to put Class B on my palm, then my chances of reaching Class A would inevitably increase.

I would graduate at the top, even if I'm in a class of idiots. No matter how hard and impossible it seems.

____________________________________________________________________

Okay. This was hard, I have no idea of how accurate this depiction of Volume 2 Horikita is, but well...