V9: Chapter 10 - Hello

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

Afterward, I saw that I had received another message.

"What does he want now?" I wondered out loud as I read what Karma wrote.

Well, since I had some time, I guess, I might as well meet with him.

So, I made my way over to the special building, where he said he would be waiting. Even though it was already past the time he had asked to meet in his message, I figured I could still catch him if I left now.

Once at the special building, I immediately went over to the spot where he told me to meet him.

To my surprise, Karma wasn't alone. Sakayanagi was standing next to him; she was the first one to notice me.

"Ayanokouji-kun, so kind of you to join us," she greeted me, a smile on her face.

"Sorry for being late," I said before nodding at Karma. "I hope he wasn't too snobbish."

"Not at all," her smile widened. "Karma-kun and I were having the most interesting conversation."

"Is that so?" I looked at Karma who shrugged as his eyes seemed focused on the camera at the end of the hall.

"I was starting to wonder if you'd actually show up," he said simply.

"I'm curious, I guess. What did you want to talk about?"

"Well...I was just thinking I could explain things to you, more or less," he replied.

Sakayanagi shifted her position uncomfortably as she held onto her cane and glanced briefly at the camera.

"Are you going to go there, Karma-kun?" she asked.

"What do you mean? What am I missing?" I questioned.

Karma and Sakayanagi shared a glance, then, Sakayanagi sighed.

"I was afraid this might make you uneasy and cause something of a disturbance... But I suppose such concerns were unnecessary on my part," she added.

I glanced at Karma. "This doesn't concern the class poll, does it?"

"Not...exactly," he grimaced. "By the way, sorry for disobeying you, it was just too easy."

Of course, he was referring to the fact that he'd used Suzune and Kushida to plant a bomb in my class.

"Forget that," I told him. "What's the problem here?"

"Well, last time we talked, I mentioned something along these lines a short time ago, but this supplementary special exam was undoubtedly arranged by a certain someone just so that they could get you expelled. In fact, this certain someone sent me an e-mail, specifically asking me to have you expelled," Sakayanagi explained.

"And I met this person already," Karma added.

"The new chairman," I guessed.

"Acting director to be precise," Karma said. "He also asked me to have you expelled, and well..." Karma chuckled. "I laughed in his face of course. Your position in your class is too comfortable to even threaten you."

"I see... And what about that e-mail?"

"It would seem they originally intended to only allow students to cast criticism votes for students from other classes. But that would've been far too outrageous of an exam, wouldn't you say?" said Sakayanagi.