V1: Chapter 7 - Night Meetings

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"You know we should be in Kiyotaka's room, right?" Mikoto asked, angry at Karma.

"Relax, Mikoto. I just wanted a drink from the vending machine, and you all came."

Right now, we were around the couches on the lobby of the dorms. We had reunited at my room, but Karma got the urge to buy some juice from the vending machine. It was kind of ridiculous considering I had juice in my room, but this was just one of Karma's antics.

"Karma, for god's sake. One does simply not have the conversation we're supposed to have in public," Mikoto reprimanded him again, her hands on her hips.

"But there's no one here!" he exclaimed opening his arms widely to prove his point.

"How about we begin," I said.

"Yeah, right," said Karma before taking an envelope from his pocket and handing it to me. "It's your recommendation letter, you take care of the rest, destroy it, keep it, throw it, it's up to you."

"Thanks," I said. "Nao? What about you?"

With a sigh she put her bag on the floor and took out three SD cards and a paper file. She gave one SD card to each of us.

"All the information we've gathered about the school is in the cards. The students' files as well, the more detailed ones are those of whom we should keep an eye on. I started working on the homeroom teachers and the second years. You can install them on your phones yourself or by going to the technology store at Keyaki Mall. You just have to go to the engineer and tell him your phone stopped working or something, if you ever want to check the paper version, ask me. They're in my room."

We nodded understanding; this information would certainly be useful. She let out a deep sigh.

"Now, things get a little more complicated..."

She gave one of the files to Karma who started inspecting it.

"You certainly are right to be wary of that girl Karma."

"Why? What is it? What girl?" asked Mikoto both curious and worried.

"Kocho Shinobu," said Karma giving me the file.

I schemed through it and saw something that caught my attention in the family section.

It read: 'Kocho Kanae (older sister), status: deceased'.

I sighed not liking the look of this.

"Is there any reason to think she knows about it?" I asked Nao and handed the file to Mikoto so that she could understand, when she read the name, she let out a gasp covering her hand with her mouth.

"No. However, she does wants revenge, that's for sure. She spent a night at the police post for trying to steal her sister investigation file. It didn't go beyond thanks to her parents."

But that hate towards her sister's killer wouldn't be considered a defect by the school? Why was she in Class B, then?

More we knew about the school, more it seemed like it was messing with us. I wonder if Matsuo-sensei isn't related to it somehow. I dismissed the thought, though. It didn't matter if he had done something or not. That didn't change the situation.

"Be careful around her Karma, if you pry, she might get suspicious. Don't antagonize her either, you don't want her as an enemy, that'd only complicate things. Nao did you find anything on Kocho-sensei's CV?" I said, it was important not to attract Kocho Shinobu's attention towards us.