V9: Chapter 3 - Eris and Harmonia

Akabane Karma POV

As per Chikujoin's request, I arrived behind the dorms about half an hour before classes started. As expected, she was already there, leaning against the wall. I thought she was in her mind, thinking about something, but she greeted me before I had the chance to.

"You're earlier than I expected."

"I thought we'd get this done sooner rather than later," I shrugged. "What do you want, Chikujoin?"

She laughed and jumped off the wall, straightening her position.

"My, my, so hasty, Karma-kun. Why don't we talk a bit, heh? Have you seen the weather? It's a beautiful morning, isn't it?"

I raised my eyes and looked around before shrugging.

"Same as any other day."

"Well, that's no fun, Karma-kun. I thought you'd be rejoicing, but maybe your little chat at the chairman's office yesterday is bothering you a bit..."

"I have nothing to say to that."

"Don't you know—"

"Why am I here, Chikujoin?"

She tilted her head. "Why, because of Honami-chan's rumours, of course," she declared. "I imagine the higher ups aren't too happy with what you did."

I raised an eyebrow at her words. "What I did?"

"Hoh? Is Karma-kun going to tell me he did not spread those vile rumours regarding Honami-chan," she said, taking her hands to her chest in a dramatic motion and accentuating the word 'vile'.

"I know nothing regarding the origin of those rumours," I affirmed. "As a matter of fact, I'm trying to discover the source. Matsuo is thinking about opening an investigation."

"I see, I see... So, this is different from that rumour that said you had killed Shinobu-chan's sister?"

I chuckled. "Now, you were pretty crafty back then, I'll give you that."

"~Heh? Eiichiro-kun spilled the beans, I see," she placed her hands on her back. "Then, allow me to give you another piece of information, Karma-kun."

"And what would that be?"

"The reason I was called to the chairman's office yesterday." I raised an eyebrow and she continued. "You see, I started a little something in Class A and there will be discord. However, the higher ups don't seem too eager to have that kind of thing roaming around after your stunt in December."

If I followed her reasoning, then she had spread some kind of rumour among the Class A students. Since I hadn't heard anything about it, I had to assume they kept it to themselves.

"I see..." I mumbled.

"Good... now, you know some of my secrets, and I know some of yours. Shall we promise not to divulge them?" she asked, way to happily for my liking.

"What secrets about me do you know?"

Many of my secrets were highly dangerous. And if too many people found out about them... well... it wouldn't be a good scenario. Sure, she knew about a few things I had done but I could try to dig a bit and see if she knew something else.

She grinned, clearly understanding my expressions.

"Worry not, Karma-kun, I have no interest in your life before school."