SS29: Himeno Yuki - Rest

Exhausted.

That was how I felt.

Soon it will be a year since I arrived at this place.

A year since I met that guy.

The only one I actually considered a friend.

It wasn't that I didn't care for my other classmates...

I simply wasn't as close to them.

It was funny really.

How friendships go.

Out of everyone in my class, between all the friendly people I saw everyday and their efforts to integrate me, to make me feel as another valuable member of the class; I still ended up being closest to the mad one that acted as our leader.

When I first learned what the school system was like, I understood that guy was our key to the top.

Thus, I became his confidant, his closest ally in the class... his friend.

But now I was just exhausted.

Drained.

Each time I felt like I understood him, he would come up with something that totally threw me off.

This time was no different, of course.

What he just did to Matsuo at the karaoke...

...It scared me.

I knew he could throw tantrums like a child every now and then when things piled up, when things didn't go his way.

I knew him.

Besides those childhood friends of his, I was probably the person that knew him best in this school.

Sure, I didn't really know anything about his past, but I never tried to dig. It always seemed like a sensible topic and it didn't interest me either, not really. If he ever wanted to talk about it, then he would come and talk to me.

He knew he could.

Right?

We had talked already.

Like that time after that boxing match when he told me he had known Rin and Tsukasa.

He didn't tell me exactly how he knew them, but he opened up a bit about how they used to have some kind of rivalry back in the day.

I had been there.

I listened to him.

The same could be said in regard to his schemes.

I had been there.

I had always been in the know... since the beginning when he convinced me to create that account in my phone to deposit that extra money he was making at the student council's expense. His plan in the zodiac exam, although he couldn't use it in the end; the sports festival and that alliance with Nao and Chikujoin; the Paper Shuffle and using Tokitou, I had been the one to put those test answers on the coat of that girl that was expelled! His little attack in December against Ryuuen and trying to get the contract they had with Class A transferred to him; even during the school camp, he told me what measures he had in place to do damage control.

So, what was he doing now!?

I had no idea. I saw he handed Shinobu some paper, he didn't even try to be discreet. Shinobu and Matsuo left together soon after and I had no chance to ask what the paper was about. He accepted to save Kushida from Class B. But then what?

Was he really planning to expel Ichinose? Someone else?

I had no idea.

Now he was snapping at everyone and everything for even the smallest of things!