V6: Chapter 12 - Eikasia

Akabane Karma POV

Finally, the first day of the final exams was here.

The minimum overall score each pair needed to pass was 692 points, which was lower than expected, but I was confident everyone in my class would pass easily. A pity I couldn't say the same for Class C.

I gave a slight nod to the dorm manager as I walked out of the dorms and he returned the greeting. It didn't hurt to be polite.

"Yuki!" I called out to my classmate who was fiddling with her phone outside the dorms, a bored expression on her face that became an annoyed one as she saw me approach.

"Finally decided to show up?" she questioned putting her phone on her pocket.

"I'm right on time, though," I said with a grin.

"Yeah, whatever. Let's go," she said as she began walking.

"Come on, Yuki," I grumbled as I matched her pace. "You could at least show a smile! We're gonna win this thing by a landslide."

"Yeah, your plans are amazing," she replied sarcastically. "...Do you have it?"

With a smile, I took a USB drive out of my pocket and handed it to her. She grabbed it and stopped walking.

"Eh? Yuki?"

Smash!

She threw the USB drive to the ground strongly and began crushing it with her foot repeatedly as she cursed. Some students passing by stared at us for a moment before resuming their walk. Among those, I noticed Kiyotaka accompanied by Matsushita and Karuizawa.

"Huh... Do you know erasing the file would've been enough, right?" I pointed out.

"I know," she gave a sigh of relief and smiled. "But that felt good."

I showed a smile of my own. It actually felt good to see Yuki smiling sincerely. She somewhat followed along with all the friendly thing of our class but the rest of the time, she looked either annoyed or bored. I had no idea of how to help her solve that and when I suggested that she should join a club to relieve her stress she just gave me a cold glare. So, this was a really unusual sight.

"Let's go. We don't want to be late, do we?" she said jokingly.

I stayed there for a moment, startled. She just made a joke... well, sort of.

"What is it? Aren't you coming?" she asked turning to see me.

I gave a slight nod, and we resumed our walk.

"And are you sure everything's ready?" I asked as we arrived at the rack in the school building to leave our shoes.

"Everything's perfect," she affirmed. "It's all's under control."

"Good. The only thing I regret is not being able to see the look on their faces," I said referring to the students of Class C.

She shook her head amused.

"And about your little birdie?"

I shrugged.

"We're gonna win. Whatever happens with Class C after the exam, it's on him."

"And the accusation—?"

Yuki's phrase was cut mid sentence as she stumbled upon another student as we left the rack to go towards the stairs.