V2: Chapter 2 - Alliance

Akabane Karma POV

During the following morning as homeroom ended, Hoshinomiya-sensei decided to make an announcement.

"'kay everyone! I have an announcement for you. The reason your allowance was frozen is because a few days ago there was a little fight between a student of Class D and some students of Class C."

My classmates began whispering worriedly among them. Some even were addressing Ichinose and Kocho for comfort. Since school started our class and Class C had been at odds with each other. I knew for a fact that Ryuuen Kakeru, Class C's leader had been making experiments testing the school bounds. During some of his experiments he had tried to provoke some of my classmates. Luckily, they weren't as dumb as the students of Class D. Still, those altercations had cost us a certain number of class points.

Hoshinomiya-sensei on the other hand seemed delighted by the problem between classes C and D.

"Chie-san-sensei, could you please explain why the issue hasn't been resolved?" Ichinose asked for everyone.

"Huh? The complaint came from Class C. They claim that the fight was one-sided. Yet, when the Class D student was interrogated, he claimed himself innocent and insisted that the Class C students were the ones who started the fight."

"Isn't there any evidence, sensei?" Kocho inquired.

"Nope~, the fight happened at the special annex, in one of the few places of the school without any cameras," Hoshinomiya-sensei replied, a bright smile on her face.

Yes, she was completely thrilled with this situation.

"What do you think, Karma?" Ryuji, who seats behind me asked.

"Hmm... If I had to say, this must be some kind of plot against Class D. I mean, if there were several Class C students, then there's no way the fight was one sided."

It's not like they fought against Kiyotaka.

"I see. You certainly have a point."

"Sensei. Does that mean that there isn't any witness either?" Matsuo asked.

"Well..." she put a hand on her chin. "As far as the school knows, there is no witness, but if any of you saw something. Then, it is my duty as a teacher to tell you to report what you saw."

She nodded cheerfully at her words and left the classroom.

Ichinose, Kocho and Matsuo quickly approach both Ryuji and I. Our classmates, seeing our meeting, gathered up in their own groups and started talking.

"You're worried?" I asked Ichinose after looking at her for a moment.

"Her concerns are logical, Karma," Ryuji answered. "If this really is one of Ryuuen's schemes, then its success would be bad for us."

"Eh... Ryuji-kun, I think Ichinose-san is more worried about a Class D student being unfairly punished," Matsuo replied timidly.

Kocho nodded agreeing with Matsuo.

"Yes, perhaps we could do something to help Class D, I don't think there's a witness in our class but perhaps there's one in another class. Our class should definitely help them, don't you agree, Karma-kun?" Kocho smiled at me.

So, that's how she's playing it, huh?

I couldn't just refuse to lend a hand. Considering Ichinose's and Matsuo's kind nature they would just go and help eventually anyway. Ryuji would most likely follow Ichinose. The best course of action was to establish a consensus as a class and try to take some benefit. Class D, or rather Kiyotaka owed me a favour already. As of this moment, I couldn't really see what benefit we could take from Class D, as of now. Yet, in the long run...