V6: Chapter 7 - Lips Sealed

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

As soon as we entered the dorm building, the manager at the reception called my name. After telling Airi to call for the elevator, I approached him.

"Yes?" I asked.

"It seems you have an answer to your message," he said handing me a slip of paper.

I just grabbed the paper, thanked him, and joined Airi as the elevator arrived.

"Is everything okay, Kiyotaka-kun? Did something happen?"

"Don't worry. Everything's settled now."

We entered the elevator, and we pushed the bottoms for our respective floors. She addressed me a kind smile.

"That's good, then.... Uhm..."

"Is something the matter, Airi?"

"Well, I was just wondering what would happen if Kiyotaka-kun and Nao-chan started dating," she explained. "I mean, she's in Class A, so..."

"What makes you think we'll start dating? I already told you our relationship isn't like that."

She gave a slight nod, her face looked contemplative but at the same time she seemed amused.

"Nao-chan also keeps denying it. Still, it wouldn't be that weird, you two have known each other for a long time and who knows what you've been through? After all, you rarely talk about your past," her voice was low, but she wasn't stuttering nor looked flustered in the least. Despite that, she was clenching her skirt with strength.

DING

The elevators door opened.

"Well, it's just—"

"It's okay, Kiyotaka-kun. I won't force you to talk about your past. I just hope that one day you feel comfortable enough to tell us about it," she gave me a bright smile.

The doors started to close but I prevent them from doing so and walked out of the elevator.

"I see... I hope that day arrives as well, Airi," I said softly.

"Bye-bye, Kiyotaka-kun," she waved her right hand as the door closed once again.

After what I told her as we were coming to the dorms she was trying to appear strong, and even if she spoke fluidly and her face was a calm and friendly, her body was rigid, and she kept clenching her skirt all along.

I wondered if I should call Haruka to go check Airi was okay but discarded the idea. My words had gone out harsher that I intended, I didn't really think she would feel that hurt. But then again, breaking the fragile and weak Airi wasn't that complicated.

I entered my room, and after serving myself some soda to drink, I sat on my bed and took the slip of paper the manager had given me. Unfolding it, I read the contents.

It will be my pleasure, boy.

As long as you keep your word, of course.

Satisfied with this answer, I tore apart the slip of paper and threw it in the trash can.

Once that was done, I contacted Suzune to tell her about the agreement I had reached with Ichinose.

"That's good. It'll certainly help our classmates," she said. "But are you sure it's feasible? Coming up with forty questions every four days?"

"Yeah, we'll be seven coming up with the questions and the quality doesn't really matter as long as its helpful. So, there's no reason to wrack your brains to find them. I'll also give you the questions I won't use."