SS2: Tachibana Akane - Rude Kouhais

"I see... Tachibana, do you still have seats on the council?"

"Yes. Two seats, one application from a student of Class 1A was declined the other day, and Tonokawa-kun's expulsion also left a vacant seat,' I responded immediately.

"Ayanokouji. If you want, I can appoint you to one of the positions."

I was shocked with the president's proposal. Why would he offer that to a student of Class D? I understood that he had a certain interest in this student but to offer him a position on the student council...

"S-student council president... Do you really mean that?" I asked.

"Do you disapprove?"

"N-no. If you say so, I have no objections,"

I backed down. I wasn't going to question the president's judgement. Even if this student was from Class D, he must have some qualities to be recognized by Horikita-kun like this.

"Nah, not for the moment. I want to lead an ordinary student life at this school as long as I can," I replied.

"Huh? Are you refusing an invitation from the student council president?!"

I questioned immediately. What's with this year's kouhais been so rude. First Karma-kun and now him. Do they have no respect?

Last year, even Nagumo-kun knew to treat his seniors with the due respect. And now, this student not only didn't speak to Horikita-kun with said respect, but he also had the boldness to refuse an invitation to join the student council from the president himself. Everyone else in the school would long for an opportunity like this one.

"Well, I'd just want to avoid troublesome stuff for the moment..."

"Let's go, Tachibana."

"Y-yes."

With that, we began walking down the hallway. Horikita-kun didn't seemed disturbed by Ayanokouji-kun's refusal to join the student council.

Since the trial had ended, our work for the student council for today was over, so I expected us to go towards the dorms. To my surprise, Horikita-kun took the direction of Keyaki Mall.

"Huh? Horikita-kun? Why are we going to the mall?"

"We're going to have a meeting," he responded as if it was obvious.

I suppose it was, though. Horikita-kun wasn't the type to leave his duties to have fun.

After arriving at Keyaki Mall, we went towards one of the cafés. As we entered, I immediately saw who we were going to meet. In one of the tables Yomozuki-san played with a console while Sarutobi-san waved at us cheerfully. Horikita-kun went towards them while I approached the register to buy two coffees. Once that was done, I sat with them at the table, handing Horikita-kun his coffee.

"—refused?! Now, that's interesting, don't you think Runa-chan?" Sarutobi-san finished saying as I sat.

"Hmm," was Yomozuki-san's only response.

"And what do you plan to do Manabu-kun?" Sarutobi-san asked.

"I'll just continue doing my work as the student council president, Sarutobi."

"No, not that! you know, with the kouhais. There are several that had caught your attention, right?"

"Oh, that. Nothing, I'll just wait and see how they do this summer."