V10: Chapter 12 - D-Day

Ichinose Honami POV

After a long period of preparation, the day of the final special exam for the first-year students was here. The commanders of the two losing classes would be expelled—or, more accurately, stripped of their Protection Points, unless Chikujoin-san lost, of course. Still, you might say the most important aspect of this exam was that class points could fluctuate significantly. Depending on the outcome, there was a significant possibility that the entire class hierarchy would be flipped.

I had a record of everything we had prepared over the past two weeks for the special exam. My classmate's qualities; what events would they be better at; which events Class B was planning on using and which students were most likely to participate in the different events. We had gone over every little detail and the intel Karma had on Class B's plans was so detailed that it was scary.

Still, we were ready.

As I got up from my seat, my classmates wished me luck and such. Then, Karma-kun approached.

"Do you know what to do?"

I nodded. "I have everything, Karma-kun. You don't need to worry."

"If anything, unexpected happens—"

"I know," I said. "I'll put your efforts to good use. I won't disappoint you and... Thank you, Karma-kun for not giving up on us," I leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

As I began to walk away, Karma-kun gave me a few parting words.

"Good luck, Honami," he said, a genuine smile on his face.

Over the past several weeks, Karma-kun had been shifted between my first name and my family name and I didn't know what to make of it. Was he trying to manipulate me to trust him? But I already trust him. Was this his attempt at being friendly? I had no idea.

Still, I returned the smile and thanked him once again.

Then, I left to go fulfil my duties as commander.

The remaining students were basically on standby, waiting for me to issue them instructions from the multi-purpose room. After the events were announced, the students would then go to the designated locations, get changed, and so on. Since finer details wouldn't be shown on the monitors, information would probably be shared when they returned.

I entered the special building and headed toward my destination.

When I arrived, I saw Sakayanagi-san there already, it seems she was the first one to arrive. The multi-purpose room hadn't been opened to us yet.