V1: Chapter 11 - After the Victory Celebration

Matsushita Chiaki POV

After the victory celebration ended, all the members of our study group left Ayanokouji-kun's room. I decided to stay and help him clean, since now his room was a mess because of us.

While cleaning he called out to me and showed me Kushida-san's phone. She'd probably forgotten it. So, he told me he was going to take it back to Kushida-san, but I convince him to give it to me. Since I lived at the same floor as her it would be more practical if I was the one to return it. He handed me the phone and told me to go and return it as soon as possible.

I suspected he just wanted me to leave, but I complied since he was probably exhausted.

Leaving his room, I walked to the elevator and went up to my floor. When I got out, I was going towards Kushida-san's room. However, I saw a figure going through the stair's door. My curiosity piqued I decided to follow the figure.

Arriving at the stairs I barely manage to see the figure disappear upstairs. Following behind, I soon arrived at the roof door which was slightly open. I thought that door was permanently closed... A figure with grey hair was peeking through the door, a camera in her hands. Recognizing her I decided to approach.

"Tomori-san?" I muttered in the least audible voice possible.

She glanced at me from the corner of her eyes, but her action made the roof door sound. A voice that I didn't recognize called out.

"Who's there?"

So, there's someone outside and Tomori-san was spying on that someone...

I suddenly felt a hand close around my arm and a strong push.

Before I realized it, I found myself outside on the rooftop...

What??!! Tomori-san had just thrown me to the wolves!

Looking around I noticed Kushida-san alone a few meters away from me. What was she doing? Perhaps she was waiting for someone? She seemed tense, and the look on her face didn't seem like Kushida-san at all.

After a brief silence, Kushida-san asked in a cold voice that I barely recognized as hers, "What... are you doing here?"

"Hmm... You forgot your phone... And I was searching for you, but it seems like it's not a good time... So, I just, eh... will be going now," I managed to say while pointing at the exit and taking little steps towards it.

Unfortunately, Kushida approached me looking straight at me with an intense gaze I have never seen in anyone. She took the phone in my hand. I took some steps back to try and put distance between us but she kept approaching me. Soon my back was against the wall.

"Did you hear?" she asked.

"Hear? Eh? Hear what?" I asked back. Even though it was the truth she didn't seem to believe it.

"I see..."

What's happening? This wasn't the Kushida-san I knew. This Kushida-san was terrifying.

"If you tell anyone what you just heard; I won't forgive you."

That didn't sound like an idle threat.

"Tell what?" I asked with uncertainty in my voice.

"Don't play dumb, Matsushita. You wouldn't like your school life to go to waste, would you?"

Huh? She was threatening my life at this school, and I didn't even know what she was talking about. I had just arrived when Tomori-san threw me to the wolves.

"What do you mean?"

"There might be some rumours about you and a certain group of perverts..."

"Huh?" It took me a moment to understand what she meant. "But... but those are lies..."