Chapter Eight

Oscars pov

I gently close the door behind me, not wanting to pull the sleeping dragon out of his cave, and begin my walk to school.

I look around the street and smile at the orange and yellow colours taking over the green within all the different trees and plants. Autumn is such a beautiful time of year.

I jump slightly at the ringing that suddenly appears from my pocket, practically throwing me out of my peaceful daze.

"Hello?"

"Hey Oscar so I got the police report, though I'd call you while I open it." I sigh and listen as I walk.

I listen to the tearing of paper and wait patiently to hear what I already know.

"Ok... ugh it's the same shit as last time. They'll open a case on the situation and investigation further but it isn't the top of the priority list due to the situation being investigated in recent years. This shit is stupid, I think it would be easier for me to just kill him at this point." I laugh softly and shake my head as though she can see it.

"It's f-fine really, he is-isn't that bad lately a-and I c-can wait fo-for it to be f-f-further investigated. R-really lizzie d-don't worry, I pr-promise it's f-fine." She hums softly.

"Yeah still I hate how they just skim over this as though it's not a claim of child abuse." I frown.

"I'm n-not being ab-ab-abused." I close my eyes and sigh at my stutter. I hate when she says that, saying i'm being a-abused... it's not that bad, really it isn't! I feel like i'm being so dramatic when people think it's abuse I swear it's really not that bad.

((A/n it is abuse. Oscar saying it isn't isn't at all invalidating anyones situation or his own, it's part of being the victim you often find yourself in denial about the severity of it all, especially since for Oscar it started when he was 7 it's become his normal life.))

"Oscar... ok but just promise me to tell me when it's bad?" I hum. "I s-swear. I'll see you a-at school!" I let out a small puff of air as I hang up, a small autumn chill catching my fingers.

I feel so horrible for lizzie and the stress she carries over this, she feels as though my life is truly at risk. It isn't, I swear it isn't...

Is it?

God I don't know anymore, sometimes I think it's too much, that i'm not going to see the next day come around, and other times I truly feel as though i'm being dramatic.

Why is life so confusing?

"Oscar!" I raise an eyebrow and turn around facing where the voice came from. I smile as I see a tired looking Luke walking towards me. "You live around here?" I hum as we begin walking together.

"Yeah I l-live around the co-corner." He smirks. "You still could have let me drive you home the other week angel." I laugh nervously.

"Y-yeah but it's f-fine! An-anyways why aren't y-you driving to sc-school?" He shrugs and shoves his hands in his pocket.

"I don't really enjoy driving, I prefer walking. I don't live that far from school anyways, it's only a short walk." I nod.

A small silence falls over us, one making me ask if it's awkward or comfortable. Maybe he's regretting being around me? I mean I am the guy that gets bullied and has a stutter people aren't exactly lining up to be my friend.

"You d-don't have to wa-walk with me I d-don't m-mind." He looks down and frowns ar me.

"What do you mean? I'm walking with you aren't I? Nobodys forcing me. Wasn't I the one that walked up to you?" I nod and look away, my face turning red with embarrassment.