Chapter Thirty Eight

Lizzies pov

"Miss perry?" I look over to the door to see one of the office staff looking at me.

"There is someone who requested to talk to you on the phone downstairs, I'll watch your class." I nod and slowly make my way towards the office.

I sigh knowing its probably a parent complaining about me snapping at one of the children.

But hey? What can they expect? If you're gonna talk over me after my cousin goes missing, im not gonna throw flowers at you.

I take the phone and hold it close to my ear.

"Good afternoon, miss perry speaking."

"Good afternoon, is this lizzie perry?"

I look at the staff around me in confusion and they shrug.

Who is this?

"Yes it is, what can i do for you?"

"Ahh great, hi lizzie, im caroline, a nurce at fishwood hospital, a young boy has come in with no ID or information, just a note in his pocket with a number and your name."

I pause.

"W-what does this boy look like?"

I hear some movement from the other line.

"Hes small, blondish hair, skinny, thats all i can really say. Theres no other obvious features."

I start to shake.

"And the note says nothing else? how did he get there?" She moves some paper.

"An unknown male brought him in. The description of him is tall, dark skinned and muscular, the boy was unconscious."

I sigh. What if it is him?

"Oh, hold on a moment. It says here the man said you are his cousin, does that help."

I smile and begin to cry.

"Yes! Thankyou! Thankyou so much! I will be there as soon as possible." I feel a hand squeeze my shoulder and i look up to see Mr Falcon.

(Mr falcon is lukes fave maths teacher.)

I hang up the phone and stand up.

"Are you ok?" I nod and hug the man.

"Im pretty sure oscar has been found." He smiles widely and sighs.

"Thats amazing! Oh god! Take the kids with you, I'll contact their parents." I nod, take my heals off, and begin run around school.

What? This is no time to be slowed down by shoes.

~~~

Abbys pov

I gently flick my pencil towards james, hitting the back of his head.

He groans and turns around smirking and picking it up.

He then does the same thing to tyler whose sat in front of him.

Tyler then glares at james and me, causing us both to laugh.

It's strange to think about how this time last year we knew tyler, had the odd encounter with him, but rarely spoke to him. Now he's one of our best friends.

We continue to annoy each other, throwing random objects each others way while the rest of a class does a science exam.

Our attention is quickly grabbed by a loud knock at the door, followed by lizzie.