Chapter Four

T/w abuse

Oscars pov

"What?" They frown. "You just looked into his eyes oscar! Nobody does that!" I look at her confused.

"Why? W-Whats wrong w-with his eyes?" She looks around and frowns. "They're cursed." I giggle, placing my books into my bag while I start to walk.

"Oscar im being serious, bad things happen when you look into luke's eyes, a bunch of people from his last school refused to look into his eyes after one boy almost died." I let out a small sigh.

This is so silly.

I suddenly get dragged over to a girl called Alice from Abbys science class. "Hey abby, whats up?" She frowns. "Isn't it true nobody looks into lukes eyes."

She nods. "I heard the kid from his last school almost lost his leg after he looked into Lukes eyes."

I giggle while we walk away. If this dumb curse thing is true, maybe this is my train ticket out of here. I stared into his eyes, the last boy almost died. Hopefully-

"What was that Oscar?" my eyes widen and I shake my head. Oh my god I said that out loud! "N-nothing."

"Listen, if phoenix scars exist, how do we know curses don't?" I raise an eyebrow. She has a point i guess.

A pheonix scar is a tattoo like scar you get on your body when you and your soulmate feel the same amount of emotion towards each other. Everyones soul gets a soulmate by the age of 2 and fate brings them together somehow. The two have to feel the same amount of any emotion towards each other to gain the scar and everyones is custom to them. They glow when you get them, and any time that you and your soulmate feel that same high emotion.

I find them intriguing, I haven't seen many in person!

"Well I'm gonna head home, bye guys." I wave bye to James and smile at Abby. "Oscar, you should sleep at my house one day. I know you always say you can't because you have to look after your neighbours pets but im sure your dad can look after them." My body stiffens.

Oh no.

"I-umm ma-maybe one day." She smiles sadly.

"Oscar, do you like me? Sometimes I feel like you dont want to be friends with me. Me, you and James have been best friends for years, and you're the only one who hasnt invited us over and you don't go out with us much." I look down.

"Abby... i love y-you both so m-much, i'm so s-s-sorry you felt tha-that way. The r-real thing is m-my dad is uh h-hes... hes unwell a-and would ha-h-hate having guests." She turns to me with wide eyes.

"Oh my god Oscar i'm so sorry! Is there anything we can do to help? I'm sorry for asking oh god are you ok? This must be really tough for you!" I nod softly. "It's f-fine really, he ju-just needs e-ex-extra support sometimes, its n-nothing serious. Im s-sorry you felt tha-that way, i'll a-see you tom-t-tomorrow!" Before she can say anything more I hurry away.

I can't tell them the truth, I just can't. It's so dumb and it's my fault so theres no point in making a fuss about it, really there isn't. it's no big deal.

                                     ~~~

Oscars pov

I gently open the door, my head flying around trying to find him and sigh when i see him asleep on the couch. I slowly walk over to the stairs but before I can make it, the floor creeks.

Oh no.

"OSCAR." I turn to face him. "Make me dinner its 3:35 already." I nod and run to the kitchen and start making his usual pasta.