Chapter Fifty Four

Im so so sorry for the slow update, times are tough and honestly iv had not much motivation and homeschooling is pretty stressful haha. I appreciate the comments and messages so so much! I hope you enjoy and sorry that it's probably worse than usual, there is definitely gonna be extra spelling mistakes since im extremely tired but like just ignore it haha thankyou 💞 -keely

Don't play the music yet!!

Oscars pov

I sigh as i lean on the counter. Todays boring. Work is going slower than usual due to the rain and im the only person on the shift since kat has a doctors appointment and nobody could cover.

Its ok though, i enjoy having the small store to myself. Its really quite unique, its not often you have an ice cream parlour and a bakery in the same place.

I love the rain, it's so relaxing to hear and watch and it makes me feel so happy.

I hear the small bell ring making me glance to the door. I stand straight and smile at the two new costumers.

"Hello, what c-can i do for you to-today?" The older man smiles softly and crouches down next to the smaller boy.

"Ok buddy, choose which ever flavour you want." The small boys eyes light up and he begins to scan all the different coloured ice creams.

He then points to the chocolate chip one. I smile as the man picks him up so he can then see over the counter. "Tell him son." He smiles shly.

"Can i have the chocolate one please?" I giggle at his cuteness and nod. "Sure! W-would you like sp-sprinkles and a f-flake?" The small boy then glances to his father who nods, making him turn to me and nod.

I smile as the whole time im preparing his order, he watches me with amazement. As soon as i hand it too him he cheers.

"Thankyou!" I hand the man his change and wave to the two as they leave.

I sigh.

Ya know, my father used to be like that. He loved me, i swear he did. Part of me feels like he still is that man under all the drugs and alcohol, but another part of me tells me to give up.

Hes never going to change.

I sigh and lean back onto the counter. I hear my phone go off and quickly pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello my beautiful angel." I smile softly.

"W-whats up?" Theres a long silences before he answers.

"I dont know? I miss you." i giggle.

"L-luke you saw me t-this morning. Go h-hang out with t-tyler. Yo-you're distracting me." He chuckles loudly.

"Oh well, ill leave you to attend your customers." Before i can reply he hangs up.

I hear the bell go off. "Hello! Wh-what can i-" i frown as i make eye contact with the soaking wet boy stood in front of me.

"W-why are y-you here?" He chuckles and leans on the counter.

"Thats no way to talk to a customer my angel." I roll my eyes while smiling and run to the back to grab a spare towel.

"Y-you're gonna get sick!" I quickly throw the towel at luke and begin to make him a hot chocolate.

"Oh I'll be fine, stop fussing mom." I smile and wave him off.

"Ill ta-take that as a com-compliment, your m-mom is amazing." He smiles as he begins to eat some of the chocolate chips.

"So, why so empty?" I glare at him and pass him the cup. "Because th-there is a thunderst-storm outside." He turns around and nods.