Chapter Three

Oscars pov

I look around the halls to see students littered around in small groups. Every day feels the same here.

Luckily for me, since its only the first week back football tryouts haven't started yet, so for now the jocks aren't all riled up about some game.

The jocks hate me. Peter was the team captain last year, and is most likely the captain this year, which means they will all suck up to him.

Making my life living hell.

The only way my life could get easier is if Tyler became captain, he's one of the few people on the team who care about other people. Me and him got paired together for a school project in the freshman year and it was actually really fun, we had to make an active volcano and it worked, ever since then he's always been nice to me.

But I doubt he will get to be captain, Peter makes it clear he's gonna be the team captain and if the coach agrees then I'm doomed.

I let out a small frustrated puff of air. Football is dumb.

I make my way towards maths and cautiously enter, not wanting to intrude on anything. I smile as I see Mr Falcon sat at his desk.

"Oscar, welcome back! What can I do for you?"

I walk over and hand in my work I did while I was away, well only a few weeks worth, lizzie would sometimes take parts of work for me meaning I didnt have to carry 6 months of work in at once.

He smiles and thanks me. "Oh by the way your seat hasn't changed." I nod thanking him and walk to my table.

I sigh and take my seat while other students start to enter, resting my head on the table until class starts.

I freeze as I feel someone sit next to me. I guess what used to be an empty seat is now taken.

I look up and stiffen at the sight of the guy from the other day. He looks down at me and smirks, as though I have a sign pointing out that im about to have a breakdown any moment. I smile nervously and stare at the table, praying I get through this lesson without irritating him.

"Do you have a pencil I could borrow?" I look up and nod. As I pass him one,  he shows no emotion, just observes it and nods.

"C- Can I have it b- back when y- you're done w-with it?" He nods and stares at me. "Promise?" He looks at me, like his eyes are trying to read me. "Promise"

What? I'm protective of my equipment ok?

"I'm Luke" he doesn't take his eyes off of his book. "I-I'm Os-Oscar" he nods and looks forward.

His voice was deep and flat, like no emotion lay within the shell of his body.

"Whats the date?" I smile softly. "The um the s-se-se-s" I stop speaking, my face completely red as I write down 2nd on a piece of paper.

But he doesn't look at the paper, his eyes stay stuck on me. "I can't read your handwriting." I look away, completely embarrassed.

"It's the s-second." He smiles softly before nodding and looking at the board.

Thats when anxiety overcomes me as I realise he had already wrote the date before asking me.

He was probably making fun of me.

~~~

Lukes pov

"You didn't mention it." Mr falcon looks up at me with a confused and tired face.

"Mention what? Also don't you want to go get your lunch? The bell has gone." I shrug and sit down.

"You didn't mention the boy had a stutter, I thought you would have known about it." He smirks.