Chapter Thirty Five

(Before i star, id like to say thankyou for reading, and if anyone has gone through things that i have written about, i hope I haven't offended you in any way. Some feedback on improvements or how i did with these subjects would be great!!!)

Abbys pov

Its been three weeks

Two whole weeks since oscar went missing.

The groups a mess, lizzie is a mess, but luke?

Nobody really knows.

Hes gone back to his quiet, old, angry self.

Lizzie went to the police and made another report. Apparently this is the 3rd time she's reported his dad, but now he's classed as missing they have to take action.

The only issue is they can't find neither of them.

I walk into my english and see luke sitting at the table, just staring at the ceiling.

"God his boytoy is gone for a couple days big deal?" I look at a guy next to me and frown.

"His soulmate is missing, dont you have any sympathy? Leave him the fuck alone." I walk into the class and sit next to him.

"Hey um... are- are you ok?" He sighs and stands up. "Can we go outside? It's too warm in here." I nod, ignoring the fact that our lesson is about to start.

We make our way to the side of the school where within seconds Luke begins to smoke.

"He's ok Luke, he's probably just gone away and broke his phone." He shakes his head.

"My phoenix scar abby." I frown, but when he pulls up the bottom of his shirt, i realise what he means.

His phoenix scar has colour in, and the colour is fading.

(For context, if someones phoenix scar fades it means the souls are becoming distant. This can happen if someone dies, almost dies or no longer loves them.)

"I... umm." He shakes his head.

"What does it mean abby? Does he not love me? Is he hurt? Is he..." i stop him.

"No. He cant be. I promise hes not. Those are just the main three reasons for things like this. It probably just means hes far away or is asleep maybe."

He sighs and stands up.

"Luke-" i go to stop him but something tells me to leave it.

He just needs time.

We all do.

But at the same time, we're all sick of the time we've been given, the time where nothing is happening, the time we're left to question what really has happened to Oscar Harris.

He told me and James about how he didn't go to greece, how his father forced him to stay home, but he never told us why or anything that happened.

When we asked him about it, it was like he didn't remember or couldn't grasp that what actually happened was true. I later searched it and found out that was a sign of ptsd, something i'm sure by now Oscar must have.

But I do know that from the way he looked and cried while telling us the small things we know about 'when he went to greece' if that has happened again,

I don't think the angel will be able to survive satans wrath once more.

                                        ~~~

Lukes pov

I pull the burning piece of paper away from my mouth and exhale.

I feel all of my emotions slightly haze over, as though a cloud in the sky has entered my mind.