Chapter Nineteen

Oscars pov

"Why are we here again?" Abby glares at James. "Because, we have nothing better to do and we aren't just going to sit in my room on new years eve!" I sigh.

I hate parties.

They always put me on edge.

They remind me of... not the best of times.

We walk inside the large house that is flooded with people and music. As soon as I'm inside the smell of alcohol and deodorant fills the air.

We walk towards the drinks table to see Tyler stood by himself on his phone.

"Hey social boy" his head shoots up and smiles as soon as he sees us.

"Thank god you guys came." We all laugh.

It's weird having Tyler as one of out closest friends sometimes. He treats us like we are his only friends as if he isn't one of the most popular guys at school.

Everyone grabs a drink, everyone except me of course. "Come on Oscar, please. Just take a sip." I shake my head with my lemonade in my hand.

"It sme-smells gross." This causes james to laugh. "Come on, if you can happily eat carrots, I'm sure you can drink this." I sigh and take the cup.

I take a small sip of the beer and shake my head. "Gross." Everyone laughs as we walk outside.

"Hey guys!" We look over to see Sarah clinging to Luke as he turns to us. I smile at Luke as he walks towards us, sarah dragging behind.

"Hey angel!" I feel two muscular arms wrap around my small torso. I look up and smile shyly. "Hello."

He chuckles and leans down to peck my nose. I giggle and look back the group. "How did you get him to come? I swear he was ready to sit at home with a jigsaw instead." I pout at Tyler.

"I f-finished all my ji-jigsaws." They all laugh. "Hey everyone better saver this moment, Oscar never comes to parties." I sigh.

"I h-hate the lou-loudness, and the smell an-and the things t-that happen here." The all shrug. "He has a point parties are disgusting." They all continue to talk but looks leans closer to me.

"We can leave soon if you want?" I look up and shake my head. "I-it's fine you c-can stay and ha-have fun." He hums. "Yeah but i'm not exactly thrilled by the loudness either, I'd rather be somewhere just us." I feel my face heat up slightly.

"O-ok but if you c-change your mind tha-thats ok." He grins and goes to say something but is quickly interrupted.

"Come on Lukie, you need to introduce me to more people!" he sighs and nods before turning to us. "I'll catch you guys later, don't let Oscar leave without me ok?" They all nod as he walks away.

We all stand there for a moment watching the two walk around, Sarah clinging onto Luke as though her life is depending on it.

"Remind me w-why i came to s-see my boyfriend g-get dragged away from m-me." Abby groans and frowns.

"Its fine the hitman should be here any moment." My eyes widen at abby. She rases her hands giggling. "Im joking, but for real. I'll pull some strings and find someone to sleep with her, that will get her away from your oh so handsome boyfriend." I laugh softly.

I wish I stayed at home.

"Oscar we'll be back in a second just stand there ok?" I nod at Abby as they leave to get a drink within the intensely crowded kitchen.

I look around and stand awkwardly. Look I'm not a party person ok? I'm not sure how to act. I feel someones hands briefly brush against my waist as they walk past, though the gentle touch feeling like weights on my mind.