Chapter Thirty Seven

Tylers pov

"What do we do?" I look at danny and shrug.

"There is nothing we can do."

He groans. "But he was our lucky charm!" I scoff and stand up.

"Danny, my cousins just lost his soulmate, I've just lost one of my best friends, and all you can think about is winning a high school football game?" He takes a step back before sitting down.

"You're right ty, im so sorry dude. Guess it just doesn't make sense to me that he could be d-dead, my mind kinda just assumes he moved away ya know." I pat his shoulder and walk past.

"Its fine."

I turn the corner of the changing rooms to walk out the door but before i do, luke walks in.

Dark circles surround his eyes.

He hasn't had a good night sleep in over a month.

A month. Wow, thats how long oscars been gone.

He stares at me for a moment before moving past allowing me to walk out.

I go over to the half empty bleechers and sit next to abby and james.

"I hate it." Abby smiles and leans her head on me.

"Me too." I squeeze her hand and frown.

"I believe hes out there." I smile at james and nod.

"Me too, but it seems like everyone else thinks hes... hes..." i stand up and shake my head.

"He cant be, it cant be true, oscar is out there alive, and i know it." I hear the whistle blow and wave goodbye to the two as i run away.

I hope hes right, i hope the small boy is out there, because if not, its gonna change everything.

~~~

Lukes pov

I feel... numb?

Like my whole head is clouded over.

As if my brain is missing.

Tyler has taken over as team captain. I couldn't do it. I cant do much. "Ok team, we got this. One, two, three TIGERS"

Everyone runs onto the pitch, and the game starts.

The game goes smoothly at the start, we score 3 times and they score 4 times, but we can still catch up.

I go to tackle a guy but he manages to shove me down.

Heh, i guess being tired really does weaken me.

I stand back up and frown.

My eye catches a sight I thought id never see again.

Oscar?

I dont move, i just stare at the boy in the stands.

Hes just sitting there, one of my jumpers covering his body , smiling at me.

Its really h-

I feel a hand grab my shoulder and i turn back to see tyler.

"Im worried about you, do you wanna be benched? You look like you need rest luke."

My eyes widen and i look back at the stand, to see my angel gone.

I look around for a moment and then realise,

He was never there.

I turn back to tyler and shake my head.

"Im fine tyler." He smiles softly, seeing right through my lie, but doesn't argue.

                                      ~~~

Tylers pov

I close my car door and start it as soon as luke gets in.

We lost.

Not our first loss and most definitely not our last.

"What happened luke?" He shakes his head and covers his face with his hands.

"I cant do this anymore tyler, i cant live like this." I shake my head.

"Talk to me luke, you haven't opened up to anyone."

I pull over on the side of the road and turn to him, and what i see breaks my heart.

My tough cousin, that I've grown up looking up to, as if hes my brother, is sat there crying.

He looks so heartbroken.

"I thought i saw him tyler, i swear i was looking right at him in the stands, but then- then he was gone."

I grab him into a hug, as he bursts into tears clinging onto me.

"I cant live without him tyler, i just cant. He pulled me out of the darkness that lily left me in and now hes gone too... i cant do this anymore tyler, i cant feel the way i did when lily was gone all over again." I shake my head.

"Yes you can luke, dont talk like that, please."

He shakes his head. "Ill be fine tyler, i swear. I just- i just want to get school done, and then i dont know." I frown.

"What do you mean? What about college?" He looks out the window.

"We applied to all the same colleges, i cant go to them, its too hard, we was going to do it all together tyler. I cant stay in this small town either. I just cant. I dont know what to do, I'll figure it out after graduation."

I nod.

I dont push more questions, i just drive us home, because thats all i can do.

The police have searched for oscar.

They found nothing. Has he been kidnapped? Has he ran away? Is he alive? Nobody knows.

Nobody knows a thing.

But one thing thats clear, is that he's left the small town of westwood in complete darkness. Everyone knew Oscar. Everyone knows everyone here.

And everyone knew Oscar Harris doesn't deserve whatever happened to him.

                                     ~~~

Third person pov

Luke was lost.

Lost in his own world.

He allowed his mind to fill up with nothing but loud thoughts and questions.

Questions about the present.

Questions about the future.

Questions about oscar.

Oscar.

His mind avoids the past.

The more he thinks about it, the weaker he feels.

He doesn't want to remember, he wants to forget.

But how can you forget someone you wanted to remember for forever?

You cant.

But you can try.

All luke can think about is how his soulmate, his forever partner, his best friend has been taken away from him.

But little did he know, his angel, wasnt gone just yet.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Anyways thanks for reading!

Ngl this book will end up being as bad as my other book but oH wEll.

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1056

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3