Chapter Forty Two

Lukes pov

I sit down on the park bench and stare off into the distance. Its been a difficult 4 months. Hes not gone forever, many people have accepted it now, but me? Why would i? He will wake up. I know it.

A nice way of thinking about this is, oscar always complained about being tired, he said his insomnia drove him crazy, And yeah i know a coma isn't exactly sleeping but hey, hes getting the rest he wanted.

"Hello my dear, mind if i sit here?" I shake my head at the old lady and move up to give her room.

"Why do you look so down?" I smile and shake my head.

"Wouldn't you be too if you saw this?" I lift up the corner of my shirt to show my faded phoenix scar.

"It fades more and more by the day." She laughs. "Cant you just go over it?" I look at her confused. "What do you mean?"

She smiles. "Your tattoo, cant you just go over it in new ink?" I shake my head.

"Its a phoenix scar." She nods while mouthing a silent 'oh'

"How come its so faded?" I look down at it and smile. "My phoenix mate is in a coma and isn't showing signs of waking up." She frowns and holds my hand.

"Im sorry about that. You know, you're lucky, im 83 and I've not met my soulmate yet." I frown.

"Does that upset you?" She shakes her head. "Id rather spend my life making memories not looking for true love that may not even want me."

I smile. "And have you enjoyed your life?" She laughs and nods. "Yep, I even have children. You dont have to have a soulmate to have a life. There are many people in the world that have either lost their phoenix mate and want to move on or just give up looking. I even have children and a husband!" I stare in amazement at the lady then back to my phoenix scar.

It hurts so much to see how faded its become.

"Dont worry, im sure he will be ok and if not, you will be ok." I nod slowly and smile as she walks away.

I cant imagine life without him. I could never be 'ok' without him.

I smirk. Wow hes really got me wrapped around his finger huh.

I went from the 'scary bad boy' who wanted nothing in life and wanted nothing close to a relationship, to a boy whose fallen so hard in love he cant imagine life without his other.

I feel tears start to fall down my face. I quickly try to wipe them away but they continue to fall. Just the thought of him makes me cry.

Meaning I've cried a lot recently.

God i hope i get him back soon.

                                       ~~~

lizzies pov

"Thankyou, ok. Bye."

I hang up the phone and sit down sloppily onto the staffroom couch. "Here, you look like you need it." I smile at dan.

(Dan is Mr falcon who is lukes favourite maths teacher.)

"Hows oscar." I sigh.

"That was the hospital just then, they said they are still getting no response from oscar at all." I sigh and try to hold back the tears.

"They think its time we consider what to do next. They... they said they'd help me get in contact with funeral companies if necessary. They think with his internal damage hes in pain since he isnt healing as quickly as theyd like." He sits next to me and rubs my back.

I lean into his side and wipe my tears.

"God im such a wimp." He chuckles.

"Liz, you've just been told you might lose your basically brother, you aren't a wimp." I smile at dan and sip his coffee he gave to me.

Me and dan have always been close. We went to college together and have been teachers here ever since.

"God i cant imagine what lukes going through. Imagine getting your soulmate so young and possibly losing him so fast." He shakes his head.

"That kids been through way too much."

I nod.

"Both of them have. Fuck, oscar wouldn't be in this mess if the police system worked better." Dan nods and frowns.

Both me and dan know luke and oscars past situations.

"Does luke know about oscars past?" I shake my head.

"I cant tell him. If oscar did wake up, he'd want to be the one to tell him. If... if he doesnt, ill tell him then." He nods and holds my hand.

"Do you think part of him already knows?" I nod slightly. "It's hard not to have figured it out. Oscars parents haven't visited him at all and Luke has thought about every scenario that could have happened to him. Theres no way this hasnt crossed his mind. Weather he believes it or not is a different story. It's hard to believe his own parents would do something so cruel, so I think he probably thought about it but pushed it aside quickly." He nods and squeezes my shoulder.

"Its going to be ok liz. Oscars strong. Im sure they are taking great care of him at the hospital, all we can think is positive thoughts." I smile softly and lean on his shoulder.

If only i could believe him.

                                         ~~~

Abbys pov

I sit down at our usual lunch table and smile. "Sup bitches." James and tyler laugh at me and we all begin to talk, even Luke which comes as a surprise.

Lukes been quiet for a while, And by a while i mean barely spoke a word in 4 months. Its been a hard few months for our group. One month not knowing where Oscar is and 3 more not knowing how long he has left.

Nobody really knows how long its gonna continue.

I just hope this all ends soon, because it's clear to see the world misses the small boy who brought light to this dark planet.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Anyways thanks for reading!

Ngl this book will end up being as bad as my other book but oH wEll.

Also thankyou to the people who have dm me! I love talking to you guys. If you Have any questions or criticisms or just need someone to talk to or anything my dms are always open!

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1114

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3