Chapter Forty Four

Tylers pov

12 hours.

12 whole hours we've been in this waiting room.

Luke has finally fell asleep along with lizzie. Both of them leaning on my shoulders.

I never thought id be in this position at the age of 17. My teacher crying on one shoulder and my slightly older cousin broken on the other, both crying over one of our friends who we don't know if he will make it.

You learn a lot in school, but never learn about what to do in situations like this. Nothing in life prepares you for things like this.

God i hope oscar is ok. Not only for his own sake, but for others too.

It will hurt lizzie so much, But luke? It could actually kill him. He's already lost his sister, which he loved so much, he cant lose his phoenix mate, which he loves even more.

Luke has always been a dark and mysterious character. Hes always had fights, everyone feared him, he never really showed emotion. Just the stone cold scary jock.

But now? Its like hes a new person. Hes still his cold usual emotionless self around most people. But our group? I see him smile more. And around oscar? He practically glows. Sometimes I catch him staring at oscar in such a loving way. Its honestly makes you believe in love.

I see abby and james run in about to make a fuss, but I quickly shush them with a whisper shout.

"SHH! They have only just managed to fall asleep! They need the rest. There has been no updates. They are doing everything they can." They nod slowly and sit opposite me.

"What happened?" I shake my head.

"It all started at football. Luke went pale and stopped moving and moments later his phoenix scar started to glow. He took off his shoes and bolted here. When he got here he found oscars heart monitor flat and a bunch of nurses running into his room. I guess he broke down, I arrived minutes after and he was in a small office room sobbing. When i sat next to him he just clung to me and broke down. He cried harder than I've ever seen him cry before. Ever. Hes broken." They stare at me, shock and sadness overwhelming them.

"God and heres us crying because oscar is our best friend. I cant imagine what lukes going through." I nod at james.

"They met a such a young age. Imagine finding your soulmate and almost losing him within the same year. They've both gone through hell this year, especially oscar." I frown at abby.

"How did oscar get into this position."

Her eyes widen. "I- i dont know." I nod not wanting to push more, even though i know they know more.

Why wont they tell me? They cant hide it forever.

Part of me feels like I already know, as though his cards have been lay out in front of me this whole time. Part of me knew back in freshman year when I first saw him. I don't know how, I just kind of... knew.

But then again, I could be wrong. I mean I have no evidence to prove that the innocent boy get abused, but maybe I don't need evidence to just know.

~~~

Lukes pov

"Luke, arent you cold with just a shorts and a shirt on?" I shake my head.

"I dont want to cover my pheonix scar too much. What if it glows? What if i miss it? What if hes in danger?" Lizzie holds my hand to calm me down.

"Luke, hes going to be ok." I sigh and pull at my hair.

"But what if he isnt? I cant do this! I cant lose him!" She sighs and sits back.

"You understand how i feel since you went through this a while back, but me, i have no clue how you feel. Nobody does. But we love you." I smile softly and hug her.

"I just want him to be ok." She smiles and squeezes my hand.

"Me too." I sigh and lean my head back so im staring at the roof.

"Who hurt him?" Lizzie stays silent for a moment then speaks. "I dont know." I shake my head.

"Whoever it is, im going to kill them." She laughs softly.

"And then what? Spend your life behind bars? Not worth it luke." I nod.

"I just want them to regret hurting him." She nods.

"Me too, and they will. I just dont know when."
~~~

Tylers pov

Its hour 20. Abby and james went home. They arrived here late since they was on a school trip, and they left to tell all of our parents the news since our phones are at school.

I look at both lizzie and luke and smile as i see them both calmly looking out of a window.

Thats an improvement, at least they are lost in thought... though I suppose that could be a curse in disguise.

It breaks my heart thinking of the pain they must be going through.

I cant wait for this to be all over.

"Oscar harris family." Luke stands up walking to the man within seconds.

"Is he ok?" The doctor nods slowly. "Hes... stable. Hes alive. Hes fallen back into his coma, we just dont know for now how long he's going to survive. It may be months, it may be weeks. We cant guarantee a wakeup. But hes stable for now. We think he has some internal damage that we've not yet been able to see due to having limitations on his testing at the moment. We dont want to move him much since he may have damage to the neck which could be life threatening."

I see luke stand back, a cold look over taking his face, but we all know hes on the verge of a breakdown. Lizzie pulls him back to the chair and hugs him. "Shhh its ok, hes alive luke. Hes going to be fine." He nods and holds himself tightly.

"Thankyou doctor." He nods and smiles sympathetically before walking away.

We all sit back down in our usual places, and all go back to looking out the window.

Because thats all we can do in this dull waiting room.

Sit and wait.

Wait for the pain to go away.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Anyways thanks for reading!

I swear i wont drag this plotline out for much longer!!! Thankyou for sticking by!

Ngl this book will end up being as bad as my other book but oH wEll.

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1148

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3