Chapter Sixteen

⚠️There will be
Mentions of self harm/self burn and miscarriages in this chapter along with abuse.⚠️

Oscars pov

I wince as I feel my feet slam against the floor after I jump from my window. I hear the front door open and I swiftly take off sprinting down the road.

Repeating the same cycle as always: Jump. Run. Hide.

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT!" Where do I go? I can't go to Lukes house, I've already been there once before.

Who else? Lizzie? She's all the way across town! Abby? I mean her mom is out of town so I guess she's my only option.

I see the drunk man stumble towards me with a baseball bat in his hands.

He really wants me dead huh?

"I SWEAR TO GOD OSCAR IF YOU DON'T GET BACK HERE I'LL TAKE YOU TO MY OFFICE AND FUCKING LEAVE YOU THERE." My eyes widen as I turn around, part of me actually tempted to turn back.

His office is where all his work friends are meaning what happens at his parties would happen every day.

He soon stumbles too much making him lose his balance which allows me to run ahead into the darkness of the night. Hopefully he gives up. Hopefully he forgets. Hopefully he stops.

Yet being hopeful has proven to be pointless.

I swiftly pull out my phone and dial Abby's number. Please pick up!

"Oscar? Its 10pm whats up?" I frown as I struggle to breathe. Now isnt the time for a panic attack! "C-Ca-Can I stay the n-night?" My voice trembles.

"I-uhh, sure? Are you ok?" I hum and hang up as I see her house come into sight. I gently knock on the door a few times.

Eventually the brunette girl opens the door with a tired expression. "Oh my god whats wrong?" She drags me inside and I sit on the couch, letting out breathy sobs. "He- I- I-"

God I can't keep doing this.

She runs to the kitchen to get me some water and as soon as she hands it too me I see how shaky I am.

"Holy shit ok give me your phone I'll call Lizzie." I shake my head.

"Please d-don't. I dont wanna d-disturb her, im f-fine, re-really I am!" She slowly nods and the grabs her phone.

"Come over now." And with that she hangs up. I shoot her a worried look.

"Dont worry, its only James." I sigh and lean against the chair.

"Oscar I really dont want to force you to tell us whatever you have going on, but if this is related to that we need to protect you. Please, let us know what's happening. If what I think is really happening we need to know, I promise we won't tell anyone ok? We really do love you." I nod slowly.

Im gonna tell them. I mean I can't keep them in the dark much longer.

I sigh as my breathing starts to go back to normal. I hear another knock at the door and shoot my head towards it.

Oh my god what if hes found me?

I stare at the door as Abby opens it, but my shoulders fall from their tense stance as I realise it's James.

"God Ab I was in the middle of-." He turns and looks at me. "Oscar? What the fuck happened to you guys? He looks a wreck!" Abby groans and shakes her head.

"He called and asked if he could stay the night and here he is, looking shaken up and on the verge of a panic attack." I stare at them both for a moment before groaning and covering my face with my hands.