Chapter Forty

Amy daniels pov (lukes mom)

"I brought you some toast." He groans and nods, pushing the plate aside.

"Luke talk to me." He shakes his head and tries to go back upstairs but i grab him gently.

"Im fine mom." I take the tall boys hand and force him to sit down next to me.

"Hes going to be ok luke-" he shakes his head, tears now forming in his eyes.

"Stop, everyone keeps saying that mom. But what if hes not? Everyone said Lily was going to be ok, but she wasnt, mom. Losing her hurt me, but losing Oscar? He was my best friend, he was my soulmate..."

I dont move, i dont interrupt him or shout at him for his outburst.

I just listen, because i know hes been holding it in for too long.

"He was my everything mom. If he doesn't wake up, i have nothing. Everyone else, has something. Abby has other friends, lizzie has other cousins, but me? I have nothing mom, and it will be like that forever."

His voice breaks as he collapses beside me.

"I cant lose him..." I hush the broken boy and stroke his hair to comfort him.

"I love you luke, no matter what happens, me and your dad are here for you."

I really hope oscar makes it.

                                       ~~~
Abbys pov

"Do you think shes alive?" I look at james but he shakes his head.

"Social services have tried contacting her but never got a response. I dont know, maybe she just completely changed, but either way i dont think she will be coming back into oscars life any time soon."

I nod and smile.

"Maybe this is all just a dream." I look at james for reassurance but he just laughs.

"You mean a nightmare." I nod and turn away.

"James, im scared that he might not wake up But, im also scared of what if he does. Will he be ok? Will be remember us? Will social services let him live with lizzie. Will his father return? will this happen again? He cant handle this happening again!" He grabs my shoulder and shakes it.

"Abby, we cant keep stressing over the what ifs, we just have to let time tell us how this will play out. We just have to pray for a happy ending."

I nod slowly and smile, trying to put on a brave face.

When in reality, Im terrified.

                                       ~~~

Lukes pov

I tap my foot and look around the hospital waiting room. I've been here all afternoon. My mom drove me here and said she'd pick me up when i have to leave, but i think she expected me to leave within that time, which I didn't.

I see the nice nurse walk over to me and smile "Ok luke, you got like 20 Minutes before this visiting time is over." I thank her and make my way towards his hospital room.

The dull blue and cream hallways pull down the mood second by second, as if they want you to be sad.

I finally arrive at his room and slowly push the door open, each time slightly praying he would be sat up awake.

But instead im greeted by the soft beeps of a heart monitor.

I smile softly at the small boy.

He looks so peaceful sleeping, yet his body looks in so much pain.

I hold his hand and smile.

"I miss you." I sigh.

"Im saying that as if you're a pet thats ran away. I dont just miss you. I feel lost? Confused? Incomplete. I got a new tattoo today. Remember a few months back when you was drawing on my hand, you coloured the whole of my hand except a bubble with a smiley face in it. I got the smiley tattooed in the same place. It makes me think of your smile. You have a contagious smile angel. I was walking around the other day and i saw a small little golden retriever, a new born pup. I was thinking about getting it. You always said you could see me with a dog in the future and i never really agreed." I laugh and turn away.

"To be honest all that i could see in my future was you. God who did this too you oscar, who hurt you so bad, who took you away from me?"

I kiss his small hand and rest it against my head.

"I love you oscar, so so much."

And like usual, i begin to cry.

I've never cried so much in my life as I have in this past month. I usually only cry alone, as when i'm around others I feel more numb.

Time passes, just me and him silently in a room together.

I hear my phone ring, smiling at the ring tone before i turn it off.

"Do you remember me changing my ring tone to that? God your singing made me feel some type of way, everything about you is beautiful."

Silence fills the air again, so i silently sing the song.

"Cos you'll never be alone, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn."

Before i can finish, the tears take over me, only letting me quietly cry into his hand.

"Baby im right here."

I continue to sob before i stand up and sigh, I gently move his hand comfortably back to where it was, and I slowly leave the sleeping angel,

to rest in peace.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Im sorry if you feel this storyline is dragging out. Let me know if im dragging this out or if its too boring. I swear its not gonna drag like this for another 10 chapters.

Anyways thanks for reading!

Ngl this book will end up being as bad as my other book but oH wEll.

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1029

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3