Chapter Seven

Oscars Pov

I wince as I feel my whole body slam against the locker. "Listen here faggot, I don't want to see you around here for much longer. You got that! I dont care how you leave, kill yourself for all I care. Just get out of my life. You little-"

But it suddenly all stops.

I slowly open my eyes to see Peter no longer towering over me, but now thrown against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway.

Luke.

He walks over to Peter and grabs him by the shirt, pinning him to the locker behind him. "If you touch Oscar or his friends again, I'll break your neck, got that?" he then throws Peter to the ground and then turns to me.

Before I can even say thank you, he's gone along with peter who's practically sprinting in the opposite direction.

What just happened?

I stay stuck in a daze, not realising the two people now approaching me. "Oscar oh my god are you ok?" I wince as I stand up, my already sore ribs now throbbing, but I nod nonetheless. "What was that about? When we got here you're on the ground and Peters being screamed at by Luke. You look into his eyes and tutor him and now what, he's your body guard?" I look at Abby and James and shrug.

"I g-guess we a-are kinda fr-friends" they freeze for a moment then James shrugs. "Oh well, at least he won't kill us I guess." I smile and nod as the three of us begin walking to the canteen, still overwhelmed by everything that just happened all too quickly.

"So, I got my netflix back, who wants to come over?" Abby looks at James waiting for a response. "I w-will." She snaps her head towards me.

"What? You'll come over? For real?!" I nod and smile.

My dad has been going out a lot at night, probably to see his friends, which means I can go out too. I've learnt that he comes home around 9:00pm so if im home before he is, then I'm ok.

"YES FINALLY! I CAN SHOW YOU MY DOG, AND MY MOM HASN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER! THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!" I giggle and nod.

We walk to the canteen while Abby rambles about how I haven't been over in literally years. "God Oscar im so excited!" I smile.

"I h-have to b-be home fo-for 8:30" she smiles and nods. "I dont care as long as you come."

We sit down at our usual tables and continue to talk.

"Psst, Oscar. Daniels is staring at you from his table. I can't really tell if its googlie eyes or a death glare." I turn and see Luke with a blank expression on his face. I smile and turn back, he probably was just looking in this direction, not actually at me. "So Abby have you looked into his eyes yet?"

She shakes her head at James and he smirks. "I have." She looks at him and frowns. "What? Why!" He huffs. "He's nice to Oscar and he doesn't seem evil or cursed. If anything he seems kinda protective of Oscar. Plus me and him were in late detention together and he laughed at one of my jokes and we just kinda complained about school and shit, would have been rude if I blatantly avoided eye contact. Dude isn't actually that bad." She huffs.

"Well now I feel fucking left out thanks a lot James! God I'll be back in a second." I giggle as she stands up and walks over to Luke. "Hey, Daniels" he turns to her.

"Thankyou for helping oscar before it was really cool of you or whatever." He nods, not breaking the eye contact. After a moment he smirks at her before she returns to our table.

"See, I did it. But if I die due to some stupid ass curse im taking you both down with me." Me and James laugh and nod at Abby before returning to our normal random conversations.

                                      ~~~

Oscars Pov

"Mom i'm home!" Abbys mom, Hayley shouts a welcoming towards her daughter and turns around. "Ahh Oscar! Sweetheart it's wonderful to see you! Aww I missed you so much dear!" I smile sheepishly and hug the woman.

"I m-missed y-you too H-Hayley." She grins and kisses my head. Hayley has always been extra nice to me, she always kept childhood photos of just me and gave me clothes too, kind of like a step in aunty.

I feel a hand gently grab me and drag me upstairs. I smile as im greeted by her pale blue room. "I can't believe James ditched us for a date with Marie Rowens." I giggle and sit down.

"So, Ozziekins. Hows your dad? You mentioned he's sick... is he ok?" My whole face drops. "Hes- umm. Hes o-ok." She looks at with sorrow written across her face. "R-really he's been o-ok lately, its n-nothing intense he ju-just gets headaches n-now and the-then and stuff." She smiles softly and hums, understanding I probably want to move on from the topic. "I haven't been to your house in years! Do you still live next to the woods?" I nod.

I love the woods in the day time. Its such a silent place. At night... at night, well thats a whole different story.

"s-so you h-have a do-dog?" Her eyes widen and she runs down stairs. "BENNY, COME HERE BOY!" Sooner or later a small golden retriever comes bouncing through the door.

It immediately jumps up onto the bed and excitedly bounces between us both, not sure who he's more excited to see first. We all eventually get comfortable, Benny lay on my lap while I sit cross legged and Abby lay beside me. "Wanna watch a movie before dinner?" I nod and pass her the remote.

Throughout the film we begin to mention random memories of our earlier years, some happy, some dramatic, all fond. I really do miss hanging out with Abby...

After around half an hour of us watching the movie, she holds my hand without looking away from the screen. "Ya know Oscar, I dont know what you're going through, but I want you to know I will always love you, and you're always welcome here, and I'm always here to listen. I will never judge you and I want to help in anyway I can." I smile and nod, my lip trembling slightly, inside I feel the protective walls I have built threaten to crumble.

I wipe my eyes as I feel myself cry a bit. God Oscar dont cry!

(Tw/ mention of selfharm)

She hugs me tightly. "Have you done it recently?" I shake my head.

"Promise you will try not to do it again?" I slowly nod.

I can't keep that promise. It's not something you can just stop, it's a process.

She slowly strokes my hand and I smile. She's been my best friend for years. I want to tell her so badly but words just won't form.

"You dont have to tell me today, just tell me when you are ready, ok?" I nod and for the rest of the night we hug and continue to share happy memories.

I hope all of this ends one day and I can happily be with my friends, I can be safe and just be me.

I know Abby knows somethings wrong and I know she sees that it's more than just my dad being sick and it probably isn't long until she realises the truth. But right now, I still can't bring myself to tell her.

Im going to speech therapy at the moment and yes my stutter is getting better, and sure he is spending less time at home but I know sooner or later what happened last year, will happen again.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Anyways thanks for reading!

Ngl this book will end up being as bad as my other book but oH wEll.

Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1407

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3