Chapter Twenty

Oscars pov

I wince as a shiver runs through my body. Its so cold! I look up and swiftly make my way into the tall gray building and frown when I realise its no warmer inside.

I know budget is low but central heating is important!

I walk down the hall heading towards my first lesson which is a free study in the library. I'm too tired for school. I take a seat at my normal computer. Lucky for me I don't actually have any homework meaning I can basically do nothing.

I settle down, watching a documentary about something or other that I can say is part of my studying but jump when I feel a pair of hands roughly grab my shoulders.

"Hey umm, fuck whats your name again?" I look over to the tall blond. "Oscar." She smiles while looking at her nails.

"Pretty name, but listen up. Im gonna need you not to date Luke, K?" I rest my head on my hand, too tired to really care.

"Why?" She smiles weirdly. "Because little Levi-" I frown. "Oscar." She rolls her eyes. "I dont care, listen. Luke is my Phoenix mate. I know that for a fact. So why date someone elses phoenix mate huh? Thats quite frankly really rude."

I think for a moment. She has a point. What if shes being serious and Luke is actually her Phoenix mate? What rights do I have to get in the way of that. But what if shes wrong?

I sigh. "Talk to L-Luke ab-about it." She snickers. "Well o-o-o-o-Oscar, nice talking to you" I stare at her blankly as she walks away, trying to hold in my sadness.

It makes me so upset when people point out or make fun of my stutter. I know its stupid but I can't help it! Its not like I got this from having a fun time either. It's something I've had for years and just seems to have gotten so much worse this year since... since I went to greece.

I sigh as I feel a body sit next to me, not prepared to hear her say any more. "Well hello there my sweet angel." I smile and look over to Luke, mentally cheering that its him instead of her. "Hi." He frowns slightly.

"Whats up? You're upset." I smile at him and shake my head. "N-n-no-noth-nothing I'm o-o..." I sigh and lean against the desk in defeat.

"Hmm angel its ok you're doing your best. Plus I think your stutter is cute." I turn my head and smile at him. Sure it may sound 'cute' to some people but god its irritating. I just wanna speak properly!

Can't any part of my life be normal?

I frown as I see Abby walk in. "Hey losers." I smile as she sits down on the other side of me. I gently grab her arm and shake her slightly.

"I'm s-so sorry for la-la-last night!" She sighs and slings her arm around my neck. "Don't apologise, i'm glad you came to me idiot. You did the right thing, and it was no trouble. I was home alone so it was nice having company too ok?"

"What did you guys do last night?" I snap my head to Luke. Oh god I didn't think about him being there.

"I spent the night at Oscars work and helped him wash up, no biggie, but he thinks it was a big favourite when it wasn't." I turn to her and then back to Luke.

He smirks. "You should have called me I could have forced Tyler to do it all or something." I laugh and scratch the back of my neck before sending Abby an appreciative smile.

Last night Abby had to come get me from work because I had a panic attack because the man I had previously served was... hes been at my fathers parties before... and- and he recognised me. He was asking me all sorts of questions like if i'm free and how if I don't he'd tell my father. He even tried to grab me but thats when Kat came back in and helped me. After that was kind of a blur but I know she called Abby to come get me.

It... it was horrible.

I feel so horrible for dragging her into it but Kat had already called Abby when I got there. She really is amazing.

"Oscar?" I hum and snap my head at Luke. "I said you look really tired, why don't you nap?" I sigh and sink into my chair before shaking my head.

"I'm f-fine really." He hums. "You're allowed to be sick or tired angel, I know you like looking after people and being independent but we can look after you too ok?" I stare at him before smiling and nodding gently.

"Ok... i'll nap later." He chuckles and shakes his head.

       ~~~

Lukes pov

I sigh and stare at my book. None of my friends are in this lesson, so all I can do is sit and wait for it to end.

"Hey Luke, I'm sorry about what happened." I look around to see a girl called zoey staring at me. "What happened?" She looks around, trying to avoid eye contact with me. "About your sister. I bet you two was close."

I feel like my eyes fell out my head. "Excuse me, what?" She tilts her head and smiles. "Listen, you may not want to talk about your sister, but im here if you need a friend." I look around confused.

How- how does she know? I hear the bell go off and I'm out the door within seconds. Who the fuck told her? Is she the only one that got told? I storm to the spanish room next door and wait impatiently for my stupid cousin.

As soon as he walks out I grab his arm. "Dude someone told." He looks at me like im crazy. "Told what Luke?" I sigh. "Someone found out about Lili and is telling people." His eyes widen.

"Shit dude, oh god. You know it isn't me right?" I nod. I don't know who I can trust in life, but im damn positive I can trust Tyler.

"Ok lets start from the beginning, who knows?" I think. "Oscar, you and Sarah. But none of them would ever do it. Maybe someone from our old school?" He nods slowly as we begin to walk to the canteen.

"I can promise its not Oscar, dudes too innocent, and no offence to him, but it's kind of a long story. Seems like the stutter would get in the way of that." I sigh and nod.

"Sarah would never do it either." Instead of getting an agreement I get a puff of air exhaled from the boy next to me. "You think its her?" He looks around. "No, no I'm not saying it is." I frown. "But you're not saying it isn't." He nods.

"Good observation Luke." I roll my eyes. "Do you know something?" He shakes his head. "I would've told you dude, I don't know shit, but what I do know is that she isn't trustable."

I roll my eyes and walk ahead. "You're just saying that because she doesn't want to sleep with you." He smirks and frowns.

"Rather fuck a dude." I turn and glare. "No offence!" I sigh and slap his chest.

I look around trying to find our group. My only guess is that it was someone from my old school that told someone here and people found it gossip-able.

I dont care who it is, im gonna fucking kill them.

Its not like I'm embarrassed about it, its just... its just a sensitive topic and I don't want pitty looks or people, I dont know, looking at me different? And people already think I'm cursed, so I don't want people thinking that it was all my fault... ugh I just dont want nor need people talking or knowing about it.

As soon as we sit at a table, Sarah soon comes skipping over soon followed by Oscar slowly walking behind.

"Hey guys, none of you told anyone about, umm about... Lili right?" They both shake their heads. "I wo-would never, t-thats pri-private." I smile at the smaller boy and look over to Sarah. She frowns and scoffs. "I'd never." I sigh and watch their reactions. They don't look guilty, plus I trust them enough to take their word, but if it's not them...

then who the fuck was it?

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Anyways thanks for reading!

Ngl this book will end up being as bad as my other book but oH wEll.

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1518

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3