Chapter Twenty Six

Oscars pov

"You should come back to the law industry oliver." I stick my ear against my door.

"You think so?" The other voice mumbles a yes. "Would get you some money to send away the kid of yours." I hear loud laughter and feel a slap of mixed emotions. Im happy because that means he wont be around me but scared, would he really do that? Would he really send me away?

I hear a small buzz on my desk and look over at my phone.

I only take a quick glance expecting it to be a YouTube notification, but then is see something unexpected.

Meet me at the park in 10 minutes- luke

I look around for a moment. What if hes going to kill me, what if hes setting me up? I sigh.

I dont care.

Its not like hes the only one who wants me dead.

I grab my long jacket and open my door slowly. The frost has frozen my window shut, so my only way out is through the door.

I slowly sneak down the stairs and past the living room.

"Where are you going you little shit?" I freeze.

"T-to my f-fr-friends house t-to do home-homework." He turns to face me, with his arm streched out and ends up wacking me in the eye with a bear bottle.

He turns hearing the crack and laughs. "Whoops, anyways you faggot. Be home by 11 and get me more liquor." I nod swiftly and run out the door.

Oh my god oh my god.

I pull out my phone and check my camera to see my eye start to bruise and a cut across my cheek.

Great.

I look around and frown.

Im petrified of the dark, and being alone, and- well a lot of things.

I continue to run, my pace picking up the more my paranoia grows. Soon i reach the park and smile as i see the small lamps around it light up.

I walk through the entrance and smile. This is more of a small nature block, but its still beautiful. I look to my left to see a boy sat on the bench looking at his watch.

Luke.

I slowly walk over, checking my surroundings for an anbush, to see no-one.

I stop, leaving a gap between the two of us. He slowly stands up and looks at me with a blank look.

Hes going to hit me for sure.

"I-im sorry." My slow words come out as kind of a mumbled, but thats all it takes for the taller male to walk towards me.

I flinch and cover my face, as id rather not have more obvious injuries. "Y-you flinched?"

I slowly move my arms and nod. "You... you thought i was gonna hurt you?" I don't move, not knowing how to respond.

He looks down and doesn't move. I hear him start to move closer to me and i just close my eyes, as i didn't expect him to do what he did.

He hugged me.

I feel the older boy cling to me and confusion fills my mind. I hug him back slowly and smile as the regular scent of honey and aftershave welcomes me.

He gently grabs my hand and pulls me to the bench.

We sit and he sighs.

"I fucked up." I just look at my hands, not interrupting.