Chapter Thirty Nine

Lukes pov

Time.

Time is a curse.

It goes quick when you want it to go slow,

And slow when you want it to go quick.

We've been in this waiting room for hours.

They said they haven't finished doing all the tests they need on him.

Him.

I keep calling him, him.

Its like my brain avoids saying his name because it opens a door of more pain.

"Lizzie perry." She stands up and walks over to the doctors and talks to him.

"Can the rest of the people waiting for him listen?" The doctor nods and walks over to where we are all sat and takes a seat.

"Hello, im doctor samuels, I've been observing and testing the young boy, now before i start, can you answer a few questions for me?" We all nod as he grabs his papers and pen.

"Ok so whats his name"

"Oscar harris." He nods and writes it down neatly onto a form.

"What is his address?" Abby and lizzie look at each other for a moment then nod.

"31 dronefield way." I frown for a moment.

Thats lizzies address. Not oscars. Why doesn't she just tell oscars address?

"Whats the name of oscars legal guardian/ guardians?"

"Lizzie, lizzie perry."

I assume she just saying her information since oscars parents arent here. But shouldn't someone call them?

"His age and birth date?" I smile softly.

"He's 17, his birthday is may 4th." The man nods at me before writing it down.

"Ok thats all we need for now."

He places the board beside him and turns back to us.

"Ok, there is goodnews and bad news."

I look up nervously. Good news?

"Hes alive, however he is in a coma, we've had the boy here for a week, only finding the note yesterday, and he wont wake up. We can give him a few months, however if he doesn't wake after that, i think you should consider whats best for him. We dont know the extent of the damage within him and wont know until he wakes up, so after around 5 months it would in some ways be cruel to not consider a different rout as he could be in severe pain."

What if he doesnt wake up?

"Can we see him?" He nods "only two at once. Hes in room B13" Lizzie stands up and tells me to follow.

I look around the hallway as we walk towards his room, silence surrounding us both. As we pass by different rooms we see mostly elderly people, some young adults and even one small girl.

I stop and look at the girl. The memories of what happened to lily thrown at me like bricks. I wince as I feel a hand on my shoulder. Lizzie.

"Come on, it's right over there." I nod and follow behind her.

We stand at the door.

She takes hold of my hand and pushes the doors open for us both.

I dont move.

I cant move.

I feel as if my whole body has fogged over.

Lizzie moves his covers slightly and gasps.