Chapter Forty Six

Lizzies pov

I look around and smile softly at the sleeping teens. They are all leaning upon each other, probably getting the best nights sleep they've had for months.

We've all been here for 10 hours now. Oscar is still having a bunch of tests done to him.

Im so glad hes ok, but im also scared. We have no proof that oliver did this, if he even did, meaning oscar will fall right back into the hands of his father.

Which must scare oscar more than anything.

I cant let him go back there, but i cant let him go into care, he will most likely get sent miles away, and Oliver would follow him and I wouldn't be able to protect him.

Thats all i want to do, protect him.

I've tried to gain custody over oscar countless times, but since oliver is a part of a law business, he seems to always win.

How could a man want to kill his own child? His own flesh and blood?

I see the doors opening and a tall man walk out.

"Oscar harris family?" I stand up and walk over to the doctor. "The rest are sleeping." He nods and smiles pulling out a notepad.

"Ok, so hes awake and conscious. Hes still in a form of daze so he might not seem himself. Hes got 2 broken ribs, a broken arm, a fractured knee, a lot of deep cuts and bruises still not healed up and a shot wound. We've obviously tried treating these in the past not knowing what they are but now we do he can go into full recovery. Mentally, hes... hes not good. He can speak, but he wont. He seems to be showing signs of some form of severe PTSD or some trauma anxiety. we haven't asked any questions yet, the police will be in next week to ask. You can go visit him but only one at a time. Thats all." I thank him and walk back over to the sleeping four.

"Guys wake up." I gently shake them, which only abby wakes too.

I guess shes going first.

~~~

Abbys pov

Im scared, to say the least. It pained me more than anything to see oscar so physically hurt, but mentally? Hes broken.

I'm the first person he knows to see him in four months.

I slowly knock on the door and open it.

As soon as i do tears begin to flood down my face.

His eyes that once used to be a vibrant blue, are now a cloudy grey. His smile that used to shine, is now gone.

I slowly walk over to the damaged boy and pull him into a gentle hug, which he immediately clings back to me.

I hide my face in his fluffy hair and squeeze my eyes shut.

"I missed you so much." My voice comes out as a whisper. But he just nods.

I look at him and smile. At least he isnt crying.

I sit on the chair and hold his hand and try to bring some light into my broken friends broken life.

"Ya know, your a real pain in the ass Oscar Harris." I pause at my joke.

What if he takes it wrong, what if he-

He smiles softly, as though thats all he can manage to do.

"Can I ask you a question." He nods softly. "Could you hear anything?" He nods again.

I sigh, a little relieved and a little embarrassed. "If you heard me talking about my crush then lets pretend you didn't." His smile grows even wider and he nods again.

Part of me is glad he wont talk, because I don't think i'm ready to hear the pain that will be heard from his voice.

~~~

Lukes pov

I sit, biting at the skin around my fingers. It's a bad habit i picked up from Oscar a while back. I feel like I can't breathe, as though I'm drowning in thoughts that are overwhelming me, but they quickly get pushed aside.

"Luke its your turn." I nod slowly and stand up.

Im so scared. "Luke, im just warning you, he may not speak, or anything. He didnt cry and he barely even looked at me." The rest agree.

I nod and slowly walk to his room. I decided to see him last.

What if he doesnt want to be with me anymore?

When i walk in do i make a joke? Try and make him laugh? Make him smile? Act like everything is ok?

I finally arrive at the door and take a deep breath.

I eventually knock on his door and slowly push it open.

I slowly walk in and stare at him. His eyes are dull, his skin is pale and his smile is gone.

"Oscar..." He watches me walk around his bed right to his side. I lean in to hug him, and using all the body strength he has, he clings to my arm thats around him as if his life depends on it,

And crys.

I hold him tightly, but not too tight to hurt him, and stroke his hair, as both of us cry together.

I continue to whisper "i love you" and "its going to be ok" into his ear as he sobs loudly into my chest, letting all his emotions that have been trapped in his resting body, free.

Who hurt him so much?

After around 10 minutes, his grip on me not loosening, he mumbles a small "im scared."

His voice is scratchy and barely audible.

"I'll protect you oscar I promise I'll do whatever it takes to protect you. Im never leaving your side."

I spend another hour comforting him, both of us just crying.

"Angel, want me to get lizzie to call your parents." He shakes his head rapidly, practically begging me not to.

"Ok ok ok shhh i wont." I continue to stroke his hair.

Why doesn't he want to see his parents?

I dont say anything, not wanting to upset him more.

Im going to protect him for the rest of my life, even if it kills me doing it.

Nobody will hurt oscar harris ever again.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Anyways thanks for reading!

Thankyou all for the nice comments and dms. It really makes me happy! I appreciate you all!

I hope you like the plotline so far and i hope it hasnt been dragged out too much! I just didnt want him to wake up literally within the next two chapters!

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1139

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3