Chapter Five

- Luke and Oscar stare at each other from across the hall, Oscar smiles and rushes away, Luke overwhelmed

Oscars pov

I walk into school with different looks being thrown at me, embarrassment coursing through me.

People whispering and frowning, some showing pity, some showing humour but everyone showing confusion.

All wanting to know 'What happened to Oscar Harris?' Including me.

What happened?

Why is my life like this? Am I really that hard to cope with? Have I really drove a man that insane that hes only happy after seeing his own child in pain?

Do I bother others this much too?

I catch my reflection in a window and frown. Im wearing black jeans and a green sweater. Both of which make my pale skin thats littered with cuts and bruises stand out.

I gently touch the cut on my cheek and flinch when a shock of pain flows through my body.

Its fine, its all fine. I just need to pretend like it's any old day.

"Hey Oscar how- WAIT WHAT HAPPENED?" I wince at Abby's loud voice that definitely attracted more attention than necessary. "g-guys i-im fi-fine, really" James frowns.

"Oscar that is not fine, you look like you got attacked! Was it Peter? Was it Luke? Oh god oscar I told you he was-" I shake my head.

"N-no It w-wasnt Lu-luke or Peter." They frown.

"Then who was it?" I tense and smile shakily. "M-my neighb-bours p-pets are a li-little rough." They pause before sighing.

"A-are you sure? They look a little intense for just a few dogs" I nod softly. "They-they're just really b-big and wh-when they j-j-jump for food t-this happens haha..." They look at each other, as though silently communicating. "Maybe we can come help you next time." I shake my head. "No!" They frown. "I m-mean no tha-thankyou, they r-really don't l-like new people." They sigh before Abby slings an arm over my shoulder and we begin walking.

"It's fine I can throw hands with a dog."

I take a deep breath as I hear the bell ring. "I'll see you guys after class" I nod at James and wave both of them goodbye as I walk towards maths.

I keep my head down and walk towards my desk however i'm quickly stopped by a voice. "Mr Falcon please can I borrow Oscar?" I look up to see Lizzie.

"Of course" I sigh and quickly make my way back out into the now empty hall way. As soon as the door closes she pulls me into a tight hug, tension in my chest rising at the sudden panic overwhelming me.

Something that nobody really knows is that sometimes I get really intense anxiety from physical touch, and in this current moment it's making me want to run away and cry, but it's fine. They're just being nice and I'm overreacting.

It's just a hug.

"Im so sorry" I nod softly trying to showing its ok.

Incase it isn't clear, I dont like talking, I even spent a year completely mute, so the small talk I make is big talk for me.

"You should come live with me Oscar! Please just get yourself out of that house! That evil bastard is gonna badly hurt you one day! You dont deserve this oscar! Oliver is a messed up man, you don't deserve this from him!" I smile softly at the older girls hush voice, because thats all I can do.

Maybe shes right, but I can't just leave.

I can't move away from him, he will follow me.

I've tried before.