Chapter Nine

Oscars pov

"If you've finished quietly talk amongst yourselves." I look around the room and sigh at the fact of Abby and James not being in this lesson.

"Hey Harris we see you've been getting all cosy with Luke recently, whats up with that." I sigh and turn around to Jake.

"We got p-paired up to stu-study together." He hums and points at me.

"You know he's cursed right?" I scratch the back of my neck and laugh. "Well n-nobody re-really knows if h-he is." He shrugs.

"Yeah but why risk it huh? Look all i'm doing is warning you, I don't care if he curses you or not as long as its not me, just thought I'd mention it." I nod and turn back around, waiting for the lesson to finally end.

"Have any of you actually considered that if Luke could really curse people that Peter would be doomed by now, along with half the teachers?" Nobody replies to Tyler.

"Like he literally says he hates everyone every second he has, so why do you all assume if he has this weird cursing power he just keeps it to himself." People look between themselves and shrug.

"But the thing from his past school-"

"Which was one big coincidence. Honestly guys give it a rest. And if on the slim chances Luke can curse people, why'd you all just assume that pointing it out and hating him would make him not curse you? Like you said Oscar talks to Luke, he isn't cursed."

"How do we know?" Before Tyler can reply the bell finally goes off, allowing me to quickly escape the room without being questioned on weather or not i'm cursed.

I grin as the second I turn the corner of the canteen I see Abby and James sat at the table. "Hey Oscar, how was class?" I sigh softly and sit down. "Boring, p-people t-talked about lu-l-luke and also w-wondered if l-Luke cursed me."

Abby lets out a soft laugh. "Who the fuck would curse you? Thats like cursing an- an... an angel!" I feel my face heat up at the name, suddenly remembering the nickname I seem to have gained.

"You ok Oscar? You look a little flustered." I hum. "J-just embarrassed ab-about people thinking I-i'm cursed." She laughs softly.

"So, what do you both have for dinner because if either of you have anything good i'm willing to trade a mini muffin for it." I laugh softly as her and James begin to try and find a good match to swap.

"You got anything good Oscar?" I shake my head. "I f-forgot my lu-lunch." She pouts. "Want my cheese sandwich?" I shake my head quickly, the thought of it making me anxious. "N-no thankyou im n-not really hu-hungry." She smiles softly and nods before starting up a random conversation.

Sometimes I have bad days where I uhh... I think about the past and stuff that happened and let me just say it's enough to eliminate whatever small appetite I had to begin with.

"You ok oscar? Kinda look like you've seen a ghost?" I jolt slightly, snapping out of my daze. "Yeah i'm f-fine i'm ju-just tired." James nods and groans. "Me too holy shit I'm exhausted and it's only like the third week back. Feels like I've been here forever. Oscar I don't know how you manage to have a job too, I legit just wouldn't bother." I laugh softly.

"Yeah, I wish I could quit."

But that isn't an option.

                                     ~~~

Lukes Pov

I take my third deep breath of the minute as I walk down the hallway. Every new step i'm surrounded by another set of eyes and a new bunch of whispering.

I swear to god-

I turn to a girl who's stood on her own, though shes sending me cautious looks as though I truly am the devil in disguise.

"Oi, what the fuck is everyone whispering about?" The girl i'm looking at looks down and shrugs.

"Uhh well people are saying it's your fault Daisy's in the hospital."

I frown. "Who the fuck is Daisy?" She scratches her arm. "She sits next to you in science, tall girl with glasses, well she's in the hospital. People are saying you cursed her after she looked into your eyes last week." I smirk.

"You think if I could curse someone it would take me a week to do it?" Her head snaps up and she shakes her head. "N-no well maybe? I don't know! Nobody knows about curses!"

I grit my teeth. "Exactly so why the fuck do you all assume I can curse people when theres no proof this shit even exists! Why is she in the hospital anyways?"

"She apparently had an allergic reaction or something, it's not that bad just a rash and her throat swelled but she's ok." I sigh. "Well it wasn't me ok? I can't even picture her forget fucking cursing her!" I go to look back at her but she's already gone.

Great, just fucking great.

"Hey dude whats-"

"Nothing i'm fucking fantastic, don't follow me." Before Tyler can even realise what's happening i'm storming through the doors outside.

As soon as I get outside I sit on the ground and reach for a cigarette. Yeah, still not over that party trick. After what feels like only a couple of seconds of peace and quiet I hear the door open.

"Tyler I said-" before I can finish I see I blonde head of messy hair and green eyes come around the corner, followed my a sheepish smile and fidgety hands.

The tension in my shoulders immediately leaves as he walks over. "I know n-nows probably a b-bad time bu-but I just wa-w-wanted to see I-if you're o-ok."

"I'm fine Oscar." He raises an eyebrow. "You smo-smoke?" I nod and smirk. "Not often but devil boy has his bad habits." He laughs softly at the name and sits next to me.

"A-are you re-really ok?" I hum before looking at him and sighing.

"It just fucking sucks you know, a girl is literally in the hospital and i'm being blamed even though I couldn't tell you what she looks like to save a life. Shits dumb. Why me, I have normal brown eyes, just because I don't let people push me around I'm suddenly cursed?" He hums softly.

"W-well at lea-least Tyler knows you d-didn't do it, th-thats all th-that m-matters right?" I shrug. "And you?"

He looks at me. "What ab-about me?" I narrow my eyes at him. "Do you believe I cursed her?" He tilts his head.

"W-why does th-that matter?" I blink. "Because you're my friend too Oscar." He jumps a little, as though the statement startled him slightly.

"Oh! R-right well, n-no I do-don't believe I-it." I shrug. "You can if you want. Here's your chance Harris, walk away now and we aren't friends I don't care, I won't say shit to you nor will I fuck you over. Don't stick around if any part of you is actually scared of this dumb shit." He stares at me before smiling.

"I a-already told you I-if I get c-cursed it's m-my fault for lo-looking." I look at him, trying to see any fear laced within his face, but nothing, just his kind usual smile.

With that all I can do is softly smile back at the angelic boy stood ahead of me.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any questions and i will answer!

I hope you like the plotline so far and i hope it hasnt been too boring!

Check out my other books: a kiss under the stars, the eyes of the devil, Alive amongst the dead, library love and forever!

Funfact: I added this chapter a year after the whole book was completed!

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1373

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3