Chapter Fifty Five

A few weeks later

Oscars pov

Its graduation day.

The day I thought for me would end up being another year away, but thankfully they let me take my End of school tests when I returned to school.

(PSATs, GCSE, end of school tests, same thing, if not then oh well.)

My father is being held at a prison in the city which is an hour away, now we just have to wait for his court date. I just hope he gets the help he needs

"Are you excited?" I smile and nod at Lizzie as she pulls into the school parking lot.

"A-and nervous." She smiles before climbing out of the car.

"Now, stand still and smile. I gotta send this to our Uncle Andrew and aunty Carol and my mom and dad."

I stand still and smile for a moment as she takes hundreds of different pictures. She then lowers her phone and just smiles at me.

"What?" She shakes her head and pulls me into a hug.

"Im so proud of you." I melt into the hug and shake my head.

"You h-helped me through t-this lizzie, thankyou." She pulls away and smiles.

"God, you're so old now, well... you don't exactly look it." I frown and push her slightly causing her to laugh as we walk into the building.

"Oscar! Oh you sweet boy come here." I suddenly get pulled into a hug by Mrs clarkson, the front desk lady. "You was always one of my favourites, I remember your tiny self coming in on the first day as a freshman and now look at you." I smile softly.

"You must return to visit one day!" I agree and say my goodbye as I continue into the hall to greet and say my farewell to the rest of my teachers.

"Oscar!" I turn around to see mr Falcon come out of nowhere. "Does it feel real? Your last day!" I laugh and nod.

"Feels so w-weird. Su-Such a l-long year." He smirks and leans on the wall. "I know you're gonna go onto amazing things, im so proud of you kid. Keep an eye out on daniels too, seems as if you're the only one who can keep him grounded." I smile and nod.

"I w-will." He pats my shoulder. "Seriously kid, i'm real proud of you. Stay in contact alright? I wanna see the great things you achieve." I smile softly and nod.

"W-will do!"

~~~

Lukes pov

"Wheres my goodbye daniels?" I turn around and smile at lizzie.

"Well, i know this wont be the last time i see you, so there is no point of a goodbye." She shrugs and nods.

"Its been fun teaching you daniels." I smile and hug the young woman. "Thankyou for taking care of oscar. You're the best thing to ever happen to him. Please, look after him." I smile gently and nod. "Will do, and thankyou for being one of the best teachers in this hell-hole."

She quickly pulls away. "One of?" Before i can reply im quickly interrupted.

"Im clearly his favourite." I smirk at mr falcon and then turn to lizzie.

"Choose wisely daniels, we're going to end up being family some day, do you really want to find mud in your christmas dinner?" I chuckle and nod.

"You got me there, sorry Dan." He scoffs. "Wow, daniels after all this time, i gave you no homework and set you up with your life partner just for you to do me like this?" I laugh loudly and walk away.