Chapter Forty Nine

Lukes pov

"Im home" i see my mom come out of the kitchen smiling.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! How are you? How is he?" I smile and fall back lazily onto the couch.

"Im fine, hes... alive?" She sits down and hugs me.

"Im so proud of you both of pulling through this." I smile and hug her back.

It really is crazy how much we've been through this year.

Especially oscar... i wish i knew sooner. I could have helped him. I just wish he had told me, but I understand why he didnt.

Im just glad he's alive. I missed him so much. His voice, his smile, his stutter, everything about him i adore and miss.

And im never letting him go ever again.

I sigh. I wish i was with him now. Lizzie, Oscar and Abby sent me home, said something about me needing rest. I don't need rest though, i need Oscar.

"So, do you want to talk about it?" I sigh and nod. It will be better to get it off my chest than keep it to myself, plus he told me i could tell my mom and dad.

"Hes a mess mom. Hes always been paranoid and jumpy. But now? Hes so on edge. I wish i could trade positions with him."

She nods and walks into the kitchen, going to get us both a drink.

"Fuck, i wish i knew sooner what was going on. Hes been going through so much shit, that i didnt know about. What kind of boyfriend am i? Im supposed to protect him from everything mom! His- his dad abuses him and i didnt even know." She turns to me, horror filling her face.

"Is... is that what happened to him?" I nod and she fidgets.

"What?" She sits down and shakes her head. "Now luke, dont be angry. But i knew." I sit up, not sure if i want to ask questions or get angry first.

"You knew AND DIDNT TELL ME?!" She holds my hand, trying to calm me.

"Not exactly, i knew he had a rough home life, not that he was in life risking danger. He also told me not to tell you. Luke you cant expect me to tell you something like that, it is his life." I nod and stare at my hands for a while.

It's still so hard to process all of this.

"They hurt him in so many ways mom. Physically, mentally and sexually. God i want to kill his dad." She covers her mouth with her hands. "Oh my god that poor boy! I've been meaning to visit but haven't managed to catch visiting hours." I shake my head.

"He knows you and dad are trying to visit." She nods and sits back.

"So, does he want to live here? I dont mind and neither does your father. Hes welcome here any time." I smile.

"No, hes living with lizzie, i offered him to stay here but Lizzie is his family, they need each other right now." She smiles.

"God, im so glad you two are reunited. It was killing you, literally. Now, go upstairs and sleep. I can tell you've barely slept in that hospital chair for the whole 2 weeks." I nod and run upstairs.

~~~

Oscars pov

I wake up to a creeking noise. "Hello?" No answer.

I sit up quickly, my eyes scanning the whole room.

I feel a presence yet nobody is here.

"Hello?" Silence.

I dont move, just sit there, still as a statue as panic floods my mind.

Dont cry dont cry dont cry.

I dont blink, scared that if i do, something will pop in front of my face.

Im petrified to say the least.

I hear a loud beep coming from the machine beside me. I quickly glance at the machine, wondering what made the loud noise.

I look back towards the door and see a figure stood there.

The figure steps forward. Its tall, dark and muscular. Yet no clear features as he is hidden within the shadows.

"who a-are you?"

No answer.

I dont take my eyes off of the figure.

The figure slowly rises his hand, aiming what seems to be a gun straight at me.

BANG

I shot up, taking a deep breath as i try not to drown in overwhelming fear. I look around to see its morning.

It was a nightmare?

I lean back into my bed and sigh.

I've had a lot of nightmares recently, but the majority of them have been more about events that actually happened unlike last nights.

"Good morning oscar, how are you? Any extreme pains? Do you need to talk to the therapist? Are you ready for physical therapy or speech therapy?" I shake my head.

"Im j-just tired. B-by any ch-chance can i h-have some so-sort of med-medication for my ins-insom-insomnia?" She smiles and nods. "Ill see what i can do."

I thank her and slowly try to stand up.

I look down and frown. Hes hurt me so much.

Hes shot me. How could a father do that? I never actually thought he would do it, i guess i kinda just hoped the old him would stop himself... but i guess not.

I feel so alone. I know i have my friends and family, but i dont know.

I have no siblings and at this rate no parents.

I know I everyone says they are here for me and will protect me and listen any time I want to talk, but something about having so many people around me makes me feel even more alone.

As though it highlights how nobody understands and will ever understand what happened. I told Luke about how they t-touched me but aside from that ive not told anybody what actually happened this time or the time I 'went to greece'.

Do I even know what happened?

It all feels like a blur, as though the past two years of my life never happened and were some nightmare.

As though I'm finally going insane.

Speaking of which, often at night, my mind continues to trick me. Aside from the nightmares, I often stay awake due to my mind refusing to let me close my eyes without having a panic attack.

But that leaves me alone... in the dark.

I feel as though I can see the same black figure that appears in my nightmares in person. As though it truly is a demon of the night thats come to take me.

What did i do to deserve this?

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Anyways thanks for reading!

Thankyou all for the nice comments and dms. It really makes me feel worthy! I appreciate you all!

I hope you like the plotline so far and i hope it hasnt been dragged out too much! I just didnt want him to wake up literally within the next two chapters!

If i forget to update just spam my comments or dms and I will eventually do it!!!

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1235

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3