Chapter Forty Eight

Oscars pov

"G-g-go home." He smiles and shakes his head.

"Absolutely not. I've missed you too damn much to go home and sleep angel, did any part of you actually think id do it?"

I shake my head slightly and groan at the movement.

Im in so much pain.

"Im s-sorry." He sits up and shakes his head before gently taking my hand in his.

"Angel none of this is your fault. I promise." I nod and smile,

But really i want to cry.

I've caused everyone so much pain.

"Can I ask you something? And you don't have to answer." I nod slowly. "What was it like being in a coma?" I sigh in relief that he didn't ask what happened.

"Scary... i-i-it was like I w-was fa-falling in and out-t o-of a sleep, somet-times I could he-hear th-things around m-me and other t-times I was dr-dreaming in a w-wa-way?" He nods slowly.

"Was it peaceful?" I nod slightly. Anything is more peaceful than reality itself.

"Good morning you two." I smile at lizzie, not able to manage out a reply. Talking has become a lot of work, as though every time I speak I feel my throat is about to crumble.

She sits down and begins to pull things out of her bag.

She passes luke a whole carrier bag and smiles. "That's your breakfast, dinner and tea for the next few days. Im guessing your staying here since the nurses told me they gave up trying to make you leave." He laughs and nods.

"They were fine about it." I turn to him and smile, not able to laugh without causing my body pain.

"So, oscar. I've spoke to the police, they will be coming to visit you next week, they wanted to give you some time first." I nod and widen my eyes.

"You haven't done it huh." I look at lizzie and shake my head. "Its t-too hard." She holds my hand and nods.

"Listen, ill go and explain to Tyler, but when i come back in a few hours, im hoping you will have explained to him. You cant keep it from him forever Oscar. Hes not going to react the way you think he will." I nod and turn my head to the side as she leaves.

What if he thinks i'm a freak? I mean come on, what kind of person do you have to be to drive your own father so far into insanity for him to shoot you?

"What does she mean?" I slowly turn my head to Luke and frown.

"Iv b-been l-lying to you f-for months." He frowns and sits back.

"What do you mean? You have another boyfriend? You dont love me do you? God i-" i grab his hand and shake my head.

"I l-love you i p-promise." He sighs and sits back.

"P-Please, while I ex-explain, just wait unt-until the e-end to react. P-p-Please dont thi-think im a f-freak. Please d-do-dont leave me."

He laughs and kisses my hand. "Angel im never leaving you."

I sigh and take a deep breath, looking at the roof to avoid making eye contact. "The ni-nights i used to c-come to y-your house une-unexpectedly wasn't b-because my pa-parents were arguing-g."

I begin to shake, tears begin to stream down my face and my grip on his hand tightens.

"Dont worry angel you dont have to tell me right now."

I shake my head and frown.

"I do" i take a deep breath and look away.

Why cant i just tell him!