I - Harm And Question

Death isn't to be feared.

It comes naturally, moreover when we least expect it. Sure, sometimes it's intentional but that's because the receiver isn't able to brace themselves for what's to come. The giver, however, often steals the lives of others to feed their selfish desires.

The way you leave your life, whether it be in the most painful way or the most gentle way, all the pain you've suffered throughout the times your heart was beating in a healthy rhythm. When blood was pumping effortlessly through your veins. All of the relationships you've created, all the tears you've cried, all the laughs you've endured.

Everything to be left behind as you walk down a tunnel to a place where you're supposedly guaranteed eternal peace.

I often think about how I would die. Not that I'm anticipating it'd happen anytime soon. I'd think about when I'd die. The gruesome details or the peaceful details. Whose face would be the last my eyes would soak in before a permanent darkness befell me.

But the more I think about it, the more I thought deeper about the minor details of it. The more my own mind continued to create nightmares, even when my eyes were wide open.

Death isn't to be feared.

So why am I so afraid?

~ Y/N L/N

***

I wasn't one to speak a lot. I only responded when necessary, if I had a question I'd go into more detail than necessary. When my comrades or superiors spoke to me, I spoke back with clear answers, whereas most  of my responses consisted of small nods or subtle facial expressions which deemed enough of an answer.

Though, I had no reason to be so expressionless all the time, I preferred to keep my thoughts caged away in this thing we called our minds. Not only that, with everything inside me I couldn't burden anyone with pointless information.

But this doesn't mean I can't hold a conversation. I just can't be bothered giving my opinion half the time.

I made friends with few people. Three boys who I considered brothers. They're the only people I willingly open up to without having to be spoken to first. Reece, Samson and Zion.

Reece was a funny guy. Often knew how to up the mood when the atmosphere was down. He had hazel eyes and dirty blonde hair which was often messy.

Samson was probably the most serious of the three. He was the glue that kept us all together and more importantly, sane. He was the reassurance of the group and was often the only one who stop fights between Zion and other cadets. He was a brunette with warming brown eyes and freckles sprinkled across his cheeks, nose and forehead.

Zion was the most hectic of us. You would often catch him in Commander Erwin's office for disobeying superior's orders or picking fights with other cadets. After getting back from the Commanders office he often got an earful from Samson as we sat down for supper. Reece and I would watch them in silence as Zion's stubborn ass refused to agree with sorting his shit out. A chaotic boy with a head of black locks and green eyes.

But all of us were a team. Each other's personality traits were in vast contrast with the other creating a wheel of balance. We were each others shoulders to lean on in times of need.

It wasn't until now I'd noticed I had spaced out staring into nothing, jolting in my seat as Samson proceeded to clap very loudly in front of my face.

"Huh?" I blink numerous times before meeting the eyes of Sam whose eyebrows were stitched together in an expression of worry.