XCI - Crystals And Bets

"So, very insane." I whisper, and his lips meant mine.

***

Levi walked me back to my room that night. The hallways were silent, air still until we walked through. I hummed a broken tune, the melody so quiet my voice cut in and out. Levi only relished in my presence, his hand still clutching onto mine ever since we had broken away from our kiss beneath the mistletoe a few blocks away from the square.

It was surreal, how this all happened. It felt like it had been forever since Levi had confessed his feelings for me but it had only been two days since. I had already felt so at home when I was with him, but now? Things just felt right. Complete. His hand in mine, the few kisses we had shared, just him as a whole.

I glanced at him, his expression relaxed and happy. I smile, how I became so blessed with being acquainted with him was a mystery I was thankful for. He looked over at me, his eyebrows raising ever so slightly in the most innocent expression of question. My smile only widened a little more as I bumped into him with my shoulder and returning my gaze forward again, seeing my door come into view.

"Why are you so happy?" He asked, his tone taking on that of amusement.

"No reason in particular. I just really had a good time." I reply, answering his question. He huffed quietly, unsatisfied with my answer as we slowed to a stop just outside my room. I stepped forward to stand in front of him, turning to face him all while reluctantly letting my hand slip from his grip. His eyebrows pinched in the middle a little as my warmth left his skin, watching me carefully.

"Thank you for tonight." I say, making eye contact with him. His eyes turned soft, his lips twitching a little before his gaze averted to the ground for a moment.

"Anything for you." He mumbled sheepishly, his shy side being one I don't think I'll get used to any time soon. I lift a hand and tuck it beneath his chin, lifting his head up so he was looking at me again. I tilt my head a little with a gentle smile, leaning in and quickly giving him a small kiss on his lips before pulling away and turning toward my door, opening it and stepping inside.

"Have a good night." I say as I softly close the door. I hear his footsteps quietly move down the hall before all was silent again. I sigh quietly, closing my eyes and leaning my forehead against the door.

"Now who were you all dressed up for?" I hear a cheeky voice sound from behind me. I flinched a little, turning so fast I was surprised I didn't give myself whiplash when I turned to face Ida laying on the once vacant bed that sat across the room from mine.

"Just someone." I reply after I finally find my voice and releasing a breath of air. I pace to my side of the room, her gaze following after me as her knee was propped up, her other leg resting on top of it and her foot swaying a little.

"Surely I get more than 'just someone', I thought we were friends?" She pouted before her jaw dropped and she shot up on the bed. "Have you finally given the Captain a chance?!" She exclaimed, my eyebrows pinching together at her raise in tone.

"What makes you think that?" I ask, an expression of distaste overcoming my features as I pretend to not have any clue about what she's going on about. She raised an eyebrow before tilting her head in question, frowning in response.

"If it's not Levi then who is it?" She asked, genuine confusion passing by her.

"Am I not allowed to keep my romantic life to myself?" I ask, eyeing her with a bored look as I lean down and remove the heels from my feet with a sigh.

"Absolutely not. I must know every single detail." She declared loudly.

"Well guess what?" I ask and she looked at me curiously. "You won't, so don't get your hopes up." I stood up and rummage through the bag of belongings I had brought along with me for something to sleep in, pulling out a pair of shorts and a plain shirt and stripping myself of my clothes before slipping into the fresh set. Ida rolled her eyes before rolling over on her bed and burying her face in her pillow, a loud muffled groan suppressed as it came from her mouth. I grab the black cloth on the desk, reaching up and hooking it onto the hooks of the light, surprising myself when I see it actually did a pretty decent job at dulling out the bright light.