XLIX - In The Rain

Mon Coeur? What does that mean?

***

That night, after Levi had settled me back in my room, a small Garrison squad had sought refuge in Headquarters because of the rain that had escalated into a storm. Someone had knocked on my door, awaiting permission to enter.

"Come in!" I call, trying not to put strain onto my throat. I hear the door click open, closing quickly afterwards as footsteps walked towards my closed bedroom door. "It's unlocked." I say before the door opened once more revealing an unfamiliar man and woman. I looked up at them in confusion, the lit candle on my bedside table casting dramatic shadows over their faces.

"Uh, good evening? Can I help you?" I ask, my head tilted slightly in curiosity and reluctance.

"Y/N?" The girl voiced. I recoiled a little in anxiety, getting ready to break myself more trying to defend myself.

"Who asks?" I voice, hesitance concrete in my tone.

"Oh my god, you're okay!" She exclaims as she steps forward and sits on the edge of the bed. I look at her perplexed, analyzing her features before I realized she has very familiar resemblances in the new angle of light.

"Arya?" I whisper, reluctantly inching my hand towards hers.

"I heard all about your injuries and your sickness from Reece and I was worried so I suggested to the squad leader we stop in at the Scouts Headquarters while we wait for the storm but it was really an excuse to check on you!" She said without breathing.

"Hey, hey, breathe, I'm okay." And then I look up at the boy, also with distinctive features. "Uriah?"

"Hey." He said gently, moving forward and carefully wrapping his arms around me. "Glad to see you alive and kicking." He murmured, Arya soon joining in with an equal amount of gentleness.

Arya Tribeer. Reece's little sister, practically the spitting image of her brother just more feminine, more of a worried personality and is in Garrison rather than the Scouting Legion.

Uriah Price. Zion's little brother and the youngest of the Price siblings. Similar features, not nearly identical though it is easy to tell he and Zion are related. My favorite gentle giant.

"How are you guys? How're your parents? I haven't seen you guys since my sixteenth." I said, Arya crawling up to my side and settling under the covers with me after I had moved to the center of the bed. Uriah had made himself at home on the spot to my right so I was sandwiched between the two.

"We've been good! All of us have been good, my parents are still in Nedlay living off of what my grandparents had left my mother from their inheritance. They're incredibly well off, actually." Arya says with a chuckle. The rain continued outside, whistles of the wind accompanying the roar of the rain hitting ground.

"My parents are the same. Haven't changed one bit in the passed eight years." He chuckled making us chuckle with him. "So. What's the deal with Captain Shorty?" I mentally facepalm at the question.

"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to make my tone as nonchalant as humanly possible.

"Uri and I asked him if we could see you when we showed up, if looks could kill Uri would be dead." Arya informed with a worrisome look. "Did you do something to him?" She asked, directing the question to Uriah. He shrugged in response.

"Exist, apparently." He replied with a shrug. I roll my eyes before resting my head against the headboard. "You're in terrible shape, sis."

"I'm awfully aware, I hate being this vulnerable." I admit as Arya reached an arm over my shoulder and pulling me to her gently.