XLIV - Taverns, Wield and Flower Fields

Could I grow to... love him?

***
a/n: enjoy this chapter! it is a little rushed in parts but i pushed two chapters worth of content into one for the lack of update last weekend <3

~Three days later~

"Sunshine! My little titan, get out of bed, you have a long horse ride to Karanes you cute idiot!" I hear the muffled screeches of Hange calling to me from behind both my bedroom door and the locked office door.

"You know I don't have a time limit, right?" I call back, the raspiness from my morning voice shocking even myself. "And shut up, the others are asleep."

"Better early than late!" She yelled through the door, completely ignoring my order to quiet

"Better late than never!" I retort rolling over under the covers, burying myself up to the nose in the duvets and completely ignoring the fact that the dawn sun was peeking from behind the curtains. "Besides, it's still early." I mumble to myself, slowly drifting away again. That was until I hear a loud crack echo through the office, my bedroom and the corridors.

My eyes snapped open and I practically flew out of bed, launching myself through my bedroom door and finding myself standing in the center of my office, staring at Hange who had managed to pry open my door with a crowbar.

"Morning, sweetheart!" She exclaimed happily.

"Hange what the fuck?! Where the fuck did you get a crowbar?! Better yet, why are you breaking into my room?!" I exclaim as quietly as I possibly could.

"When the sun wakens, so do you." She whispered with a smile.

"There's no point whispering now, idiot." Levi rasps breathily as he walked around the corner of the doorway. He rubbed his eyes before lazily opening them to glare at Hange. His hair was all disheveled, his harness and straps still all in place on his figure. My mouth was agape at the sight and my eyes panned to the glass eyed woman next to me, now fuming that Hange had woken Levi up.

"Hange, you apologize to him-" Just as I said that, the rest of the squad popped their heads around the doorway, not a single thought behind their eyes. "Hange, you apologize to all of them right now or I will convince Erwin to never let you see another titan again." I threaten, pissed she woke up every living organism in the vicinity. She smiled guiltily.

"I'm so sorry, and I mean that genuinely." She said sincerely, twisting the crowbar around in her hands.

"That sounded sarcastic." I retort, staring daggers at her.

"It wasn't! Besides, I didn't know that would be as loud as it was!" She whisper shouted at me with clenched teeth.

"Hange." I deadpanned, her name coming out of my mouth with such coldness she recoiled slightly.

"I-I'm sorry, squad. I'll make it up to you all somehow." She stuttered, which surprised me more than that one time Levi stuttered. I sigh heavily as I look at the squad, the Captain standing in the middle of them.

"You guys go back to bed, I'll sort something out." I say mid yawn as I run a hand down my face. Without hesitation, the squad scattered back to their rooms, all except the Section Commander and the Captain.

"Anyways, Y/N you need to get ready for your trip to Karanes!" Hange whined. I pinch the bridge of my nose, eyes closed in freshly awoken anger and frustration.

"Everything's already packed, Hange. I can leave as late as I would like, now can you please leave me to sleep?" I ask, a slight beg added to my tone. She frowned as she looked at me with a slight sadness lacing her eyes.