CIII - God Of Destruction

A crack of thunder rung through our ears once more, and the boy was engulfed in another armour shattering detonation. 

***

The screams from the armoured ceased as it fell to its knees into a steaming heap onto the cobble streets. 

The air was humid, moisture painted through it making the air suffocating to inhale. The smell of gunpowder and something metallic lingered in the air, creeping up into our noses. The steam seemed to have reduced a little, revealing the nape of the titan that kneeled before us as our forces all stood on rooftops, staring down at him in complete disbelief. Where the nape would've been had been stripped, and Reiner's own figure was exposed to everyone and everything with the upper half of his head missing. 

From his jaw up was steaming, the blast somehow hadn't killed him even after severing his brain from the rest of his body. I could only look at him for the moment, eyes directing themselves back down the street at Eren's titan who was staring at the enemy in what I can only assume was shock. Pulling a trigger, I head back towards the brunette, flying low in the street and landing on his shoulder. 

"Thunder spears work," I murmur, crouching and using a strand of his hair to keep my balance. "You gave us that opportunity, Trouble. Good job," looking up Eren's eyes were on me and I give a small smile as his entire being trembled with a gentle nod he managed to give. 

"We're not finished, prepare your equipment for the next one!" I hear Hange yell from back where the armoured stayed. I look down, no blades had been used, fingers tapping at the gas canisters that were still practically full. I breathe out a small breath, looking back up at the armoured just in time to see him shift a little. My expression hardened, watching as Zion came flying over towards us, landing on Eren's other shoulder. 

"I don't like that," Zion muttered, his hand also gripping the brunettes hair for balance. I shook my head in agreement, about to word my mutual concern before Reiner's titan threw his head back and let out a deafening roar. I feel my entire body tense, eyes widening before feeling Eren beginning to stand up, my grip on the hair only tightening to maintain stability. Time slowed down, the yell lasting for much longer than Annie's did back in the titan forest. Though, the only similarity between the two screams, was that was a call for help. Annies for titans, Reiners for- 

"Bertholdt," I voice. "That's a signal for Bertholdt," and just as I say that, the yelling ceased. Just seconds after, a speck became visible from over the wall and flew towards us. 

"Get away from Reiner!" Armin's voice echoed through the street, my eyes watching as he tried to drag people away from the area."The colossal titan is going to come down on us from above! This entire area is going to get blown away!" I furrow my eyebrows in question. Would Bertholdt really risk transforming up there and harming Reiner in the process? It was possible, but the two seemed to have such respect for each other I highly doubt the tall boy would even think about killing Reiner just like that. 

"We need to leave," Zion says, his own eyes watching the speck become larger as it came closer and closer. His hand tugged at Eren's hair, urging him to get us away from the place. 

"Fuck, we won't get out of the area in time!" I exclaim. "Eren go!" And he did just that, turning on his heel and sprinting in the opposite direction. It was bumpy, the ride we hitched on his shoulder. But it was a hasty trip from one point to the next, a dozen seconds having ticked by as Eren dodged deformed buildings and turned sharp corners. We were soon a quarter of the district away from the armoured titan and Bertholdt was nowhere to be seen. Large clouds of steam indicated Reiner's steaming titan, the wind whisking it away until it was nothing.