XXXIV - Reunited At Last

"What's the situation here, brats?"

***

~Stohess, Wall Sina~

I paced through the Stohess courthouse building, navigating the hallways as I edged towards the dungeon. I hadn't seen Levi since he saved us at the Southern gate, let alone spoken to him. After the gate had been sealed, I had been dragged away to do a report on the mission status before I could even take a second glance at him.

Heading downstairs after opening the dungeon door, I look up and am met with Levi standing beside a sitting Erwin. I froze at the base of the stairs, lips parted as I gulp down a ball that formed in my throat. I was suddenly nervous in the presence of the two. I haven't seen them for years yet their auras remained the same.

Levi's sapphire eyes drilled into me as I hesitantly step towards them, wondering how I'd approach conversation with the two.

"Commander." I decide to start with, dip my head slightly as I acknowledge Erwin, my eyes switching to make eye contact with Levi. "Captain." I address. His eyebrows pinched ever so slightly in the center as I address him by his title and not his name.

"It's Levi to you." He corrects, his voice not having changed even the slightest over the years. He turned his eyes towards the cell across the hall from them. "You've known me longer than most, no need for the formality." I give a nod before walking passed both him and Erwin, gazing into the cell at Eren who slept soundly in the bed with his wrists restrained in thick shackles and chains. Frowning, I walk to the opposite side of Levi, leaning on the wall on Erwin's right side. My lips were pressed into a thin line as worry etched itself across my face.

"I see you've finally worked up the courage to leave Garrison on your own accord." Erwin speaks up, his eyes glued on Eren's limp figure. I felt Levi turn to look at Erwin before plastering his gaze on me.

"You're coming back?" He asks. A sharp exhale sounded from my nose, my eyes dropping to the ground before turning to meet his.

"I am. I've put my uniform back on, I'm coming home." I reply gently, flicking my eyes back and forth between the two. He didn't react, only moved back to lean on the wall with his arms folded.

"Good to have you back, L/N." Erwin says warmly.

"Great to be back, Commander." I reply with a smile. As I say that, Eren stirred. I push off the wall and walk to the bars, gripping them as I eagerly wait for him to sit up. "Eren?" I voice.

"Y/N?" He asks, his gaze focused on me before he noticed the two behind me. His eyes dropped to the shackles around his wrists, shaking his limbs a little causing the jingle to echo off the walls.

"Are you okay?" I ask, wanting confirmation on his condition.

"Yeah, I think so. What's happening?" His eyes wandered from me to Erwin, then Levi. His eyes soon consumed by confusion and fear by his surroundings and by Levi's blank stare that sat unwaveringly on him.

"Hello Eren." Erwin greets leaning forward in his chair. "I'm Commander Erwin Smith, the thirteenth Commander of the Scouting Regiment. This here is Captain Levi, and of course you know our dear Y/N."

"I-I know who you are.Why am I chained up?" Eren asked, his gaze moving to me.

"The walls think you're a threat because of your ability." I explain briefly.

"Speaking of which, I need to talk to you about how you came about this whole situation, Y/N." Erwin voices from behind me. I turn to look at him, a sigh escaping my lips.