LI - Havoc

"Tea?"

***
~Two days later, Stohess, Sina~

"I really hope it's Leonhardt!" Hange squeals, her eyes gleaming with excitement. I furrow my brows as she sits in a small gap between two roofs, holding a sword hilt in one hand.

"I don't." I breathe. It took some time for Levi to decide on what I was to do for the mission, something that wouldn't put my life in more danger than he'd prefer. Having me stationed with Hange, was the safest option according to him. I'd be surrounded by various other soldiers with the additional support of the harpoon traps that had been set on both sides of the street. But my question was, what in Levi's right mind thought that being with Hange was the safest option when the woman is titan crazed and literally insane?

"Oh come on, Sunshine! Live a little, titans really are incredible if you give them a chance!" She whines, throwing her arms around drastically to display her frustration.

"Listen Han, I would find them as fascinating as you do if they weren't so hellbent on making humanity go extinct." I deadpan. She rolled her eyes.

"That's what makes them so interesting though!" She exclaims, letting her legs dangle from the edge of the roof, swinging them slightly with her hands clasped between her thighs.

"Of course someone as sadistically driven as you would think that." I mutter to myself as I watch her eye a butterfly flutter below her feet while I watch as two carriages come around a corner further down the street. I sit down beside Hange as the two carriages stop just below us, the door opening as both Erwin and Levi step out.

"Hange." Erwin's voice says.

"Hello my dear Commander!" She calls back, eyes still focused on the butterfly as it dawdled down the street.

"Is everything all set up? Armin, Eren and Mikasa should be meeting up with the culprit now." He calls up to us.

"Everything is perfect-o, Erwin!" She says with a laugh. "Oh, I'm going to have so much fun with this one!" She exclaims happily with a laugh.

"What about you?" Levi asks. I look from Hange down to the raven, who wore formal attire with a blazer hanging off his shoulders. His eyes looked straight through mine causing an involuntary shiver to creep its way down my back. "Are you okay? I can station you elsewhere if you don't feel safe or comfortable." I shook my head with a small smile.

"We'll be okay, thank you." I call down. He gave a stiff nod before entering back into the carriage. I could've been mistaken, but before I had given my answer his eyes gave off a subtle gleam of hope, as if he'd hoped that I would say yes, I want to be stationed elsewhere. I purse my lips, a sense of wonder building up in me as his protectiveness seemed to be uncharted. He's been acting weird ever since the expedition, a sense of fear or maybe something much deeper than that.

I'm afraid to even think of it, but maybe... feelings could be the cause? Definitely could be a reason, though I have a gut feeling it isn't to doing with emotion. It's definitely much deeper than that, but what, is the question.

The scene from the forest gives me chills, it sometimes plays over and over again in my head, like the continuous calls of an animal. Some type of desperation, the urgency in his movements but also the precision of each and every swing of his swords. Everything he had done was, in a way, foreseen. Pre-analyzed, as though he anticipated each titans movements.