XIX - Under The Cherry Blossom

Stubborn? Hypocrite.

***

Next day, I was woken by Levi's very calming, meaning incredibly sarcastic and assertive voice.

"Oi, brat, get your ass up." He deadpanned loudly.

"Five more minutes." I groan as I bury my face in the pillow that was filled with his scent.

"No, now. Make the bed while you're at it." He orders. I hear him shuffle around the room, the whipping of fabric as he straightens a pillow out on the top bunk.

"If you ever become captain, I feel terribly sorry for your squad." I yawn with a long stretch, followed by a short sigh.

"Oi." He said. I lift my head coming eye to eye with Levi's silver hues. Lifting a hand, moving to flick me in the forehead making me flinch.

"Ouch!" I whine as I proceed to rub the affected spot. I sit up in a sitting position, opening my eyes fully only to squeeze them shut again. The room was illuminated immensely by the morning sun.

"Get up. Make the bed, we have training in twenty minutes so hurry up if you want something to eat." He said grabbing his uniform and heading to the door. Placing his hand on the knob, he turned to gaze at me. "Considering you're in here, I'm going to the changing rooms. Make sure the place is tidy before you head down, I'll see you in a few." He listed things out for me and I just sat there staring at him blankly, nodding when I knew he was done. He narrowed his eyes slightly in suspicion before rolling his eyes and disappearing from the doorway.

"Odd man." I murmur to myself and I sit on the edge of the bed, reaching down and putting my boots back on. I spent a solid two minutes on making the bed, trying my best to make is as ripple-less as possible. Fluffing up the pillow, I place it neatly at the head of the bed and glance around the room, checking for anything out of place.

On my way to the mess hall, I stopped in to my room to make myself look more presentable. Starting off with changing into a fresh uniform.

Pacing into my room, I notice my room being in a state I don't recall leaving it in. My bed was messier than I had left it. Some of my drawers were open, nothing missing and a messily scrawled note on my nightstand read 'I will find you.'

Thinking nothing of it and settling on it being a prank of some kind from one of my friends, I continue with my doings.

I throw on a new pair of pants and a white v neck T-shirt, adjusting my harness at record speed when my stomach rumbled audibly indicating how hungry I was. Quickly fixing up my hair, I chuck on my jacket and my boots and fold my cloak over my forearm before sprinting out of the room and down the corridors.

I burst into the mess hall, puffed by the sudden run across the castle. I draw in a deep breath before strolling to the table filled with a bunch of confused familiar faces.

"You good, Sunshine?" Zion asks perplexed. Striding towards the table, I manage to force my head up and down in a nodding gesture to indicate that I was indeed fine.

"Mind telling me where you were last night?" Hange asked with narrowed eyes. She sat with assertiveness and superiority at the table, straight back, forearms resting lightly on the table with her left index finger tapping the table in anticipation. I furrow my eyebrows in response slightly.