LXIX - Request

Most would say the snow or the lights would be the beauty of a white night, but in my eyes, he is.

***

The next morning the house was warm. Levi and I spent half an hour on top of the wall before deciding it was much too cold to stay out for too much longer. I rolled onto my back in bed, light splaying across the wall from behind the poorly closed curtains that lined my window. I placed my hands across my stomach, staring aimlessly at the ceiling with not a single thing on my mind, nothing but the happiness I had witnessed the night before.

My feelings only grew for Levi, even more so when I spent more and more time with the raven. It was a warmth that I can't picture getting from anyone besides him, and the truth was? I was scared of these newfound feelings, because I had never had a fondness towards anyone before him.

It was almost as though the world beyond the walls ceased to exist when the peace finally communicated with my life, when it finally decided to bless me with a night of pure joy.

I threw my legs over the edge of the bed, hands gripping the mattress on either side of me, feet planted on the cool wooden floors making the chill travel up my limbs and settle deep in my bones. I hum contently to myself, pushing myself up and walking across the room towards the vanity, equipped with a mirror. Observing the flaws of my morning appearance, I only sigh. My singlet strap was halfway down my upper arm, the skin adorned with many small scars from previous expeditions. Very faint marks were placed down my shoulders and across my chest from the harnesses abuse. My bare legs were exposed below the mid thigh length shorts I wore during the night, skin holding minor bruises from the most recent mission to rescue Eren.

My hair, however, was in a decent state where I didn't have to worry about it. Fixing my appearance hastily, I spread the curtains allowing the morning light to litter the floors and walls of the room. The streets were a blinding white from the overnight snow, the skies still a gloomy grey that salted snow upon any available surface.

I walk away from the sight, towards the door on the opposite side of the room and into the empty hallway. I walk towards the staircase, the spare room door wide open with the curtains opened and everything else in pristine condition, which could only mean Levi was awake and downstairs. Though, the house was surprisingly quiet for this time in the morning, I turn to look down the hallway once again and find my parents room door was open, the light from outside shining into the hallway as well. I wondered where my parents were, suspicious about their supposed absence and the uneasy silence that settled in the building.

I wandered downstairs, poking my head into the kitchen where Levi sat at the dining table with a cup in front of him. In his hand, he held a book. Not any specific book that I could see, but a book nonetheless. I gaze further into the room, no one else occupying the space making me raise an eyebrow.

"Morning." I greet as I step into the room. The sudden raspiness of my voice catching even myself off guard. The raven eyed me in surprise before dismissing the coarseness of my voice, replying with a well awake tone of voice.

"Morning." He says back, his eyes falling back to the book in hand. I walk up behind him, planting my hands on the back of his chair and catching a few words on the page before walking away towards the counter.

"Romance, I forget you actually like that genre." I say pulling a cup out of a cupboard. He shrugged subtly, half paying attention to me, half paying attention to the book that he indulged in.