LXXX - The Blood Of Those Who Pursue Us

tw: graphic depictions of murder

The look on his face nearly made me stumble, but being as petty and stubborn as I was, I wanted him to apologise. Not to me, but to the future queen.

***

~Stohess~

Sitting in silence at the Stohess stables isn't my ideal way to spend a perfect day, but given the circumstances, I have no choice. The squad- apart from Levi and Jean, was spread throughout the tight isle of stables, waiting patiently for Jean's arrival with some new information.

I sat on a hay bale in an empty stall, thinking about everything and nothing all at once, pulling the long cloak further across my chest as a sudden chill nipped at my skin. I hadn't spoken to Levi since I snapped at him at the cabin, and keeping this up was going to be difficult considering I was his second-in-command, and I was to report to him if I sensed anything dire.

Jean finally trudged around the corner, my head snapping up as I stood up and began walking toward him. He held out a paper to Armin, hand disappearing back into his cloak once Armin had took it for himself.

"They were passing these out." Jean informed. Armin took this moment to look down and examine the paper in his hands, his face taking on the form of a frown the more he read.

"This means the Survey Corps has dissolved." Armin replies quietly.

"Yeah, it feels like it's all over. I was prepared to die in a titans stomach, but never had I imagined a bunch of angry humans are going to cut my head off." The tall brunette says.

"Can I take a look?" I ask, approaching Armin, his blue eyes peering up at me as he held the paper out to me. I took it, skimming over the contents quickly as their conversation became a low hum in the back of my mind. No one but Levi had been identified for arrest, and that would've been a good thing if I didn't care about him as much as I did. It means it'd be easier for us to scope areas out and gain information.

The drawing of the raven was so atrocious it was nearly laughable. I mentally compared the drawing and the actual person, finding myself subconsciously comparing every single detail, and with how much of his appearance I had memorised, it was nearly enough to make me recoil in self made surprise.

"The Commander isn't going to sit back and watch as they falsely accuse him and shut down the Survey Corps." Armin exclaimed. "I mean, I had all but lost hope when the company boss was killed and we lost track of Eren and Historia, but thanks to the Captain's quick thinking, our stakeout in Stohess worked! It has to be that undertaker, why else would someone stay at an inn with two coffins? And if we can find Lord Reiss, or if we can find records of how the walls were made, we can probably find out how Eren can harden his titan's skin too."

"Even if all does go well, if you're going to kill other humans you can count me out. If the Captain did order me to kill, I still doubt I could do it." Jean says quietly as he gazes at the ground.

"Me too! Captain Levi thinks he can use violence to make people do as he says, just like what he did to Historia!" Connie exclaimed in irritation.

"Yet he acted so humble with the Reeves company! Threatening Historia when she was practically a husk of her usual self, he probably did that to make her easier to control when she becomes queen!" Sasha agreed with visible anger. I look down, knowing full well Levi wasn't like that. Why he chose to use violence to solidify Historia's choice was beyond me, but he would never do that if it wasn't for the betterment of humanity.

Still doesn't change the fact I'm pissed at him.

"In any case, I didn't join the Survey Corps to become part of a violent gang. What I did was dedicate my heart to saving humanity." Jean claimed.