XXI - It's Not The Same

So maybe in this place, there is a slight sense of home.

***

~2 weeks later~

Dear Hange,

I know I should've written to you guys way earlier than I did and I apologize for the lack of contact over the past few weeks.

The past few weeks have been unbearable. I have only made two friends, both of whom remind me of you, Zion and Reece. Their names are Jay and Hayden, and they're actually the only people who are keeping me sane here. There's also a woman by the name of Rico who isn't quite that well acquainted with me yet so we're not quite at that friend stage yet.

The surroundings are very different. The buildings are far from what I'm used to and I'm still trying to memorize the layout of Headquarters, it's far nicer here too but it's not the scouts, it lacks a sense of comfort. I miss you guys so much, it's unfair that I was brought here on such short notice, especially after the recent expedition.

I miss your company and your random visits at some ungodly hour in the morning. I miss your energy and your humour. You and your surprising outbursts that drives everyone insane. I miss your teasing and your smart ass mouth.

Speaking of which, I sure hope you've been behaving because I know how childish you can be. If you have been, you know for a fact Moblit will be the one telling me of your silly antics. Considering it hasn't been an all too eventful fortnight since I've left, there's not much to update you on in this letter. Hopefully when I write to you next, something more exciting will happen and I can tell you all about it.

Otherwise, continue being the same you.

Y/N

Dear Commander Erwin,

As much as I'd prefer to not write to you right now, I realize how petty that action would be. I would apologize but in all honesty, there isn't anything I should be apologizing to you for.

I accept your apology, the way I reacted the day I left was childish so I do suppose that's something I should be saying sorry for. However, you're not forgiven. My forgiveness won't be so simple to earn, the result of your actions simply being irreversible.

It will definitely take a lot more than a small apology to earn my kindness back, and especially my trust. For now, you're lucky I'm being as respectful and civil as I possibly can, whether it be in person or ink scrawled on a piece of paper.

I'm nearly guaranteed to see you again in the near future due to your... friendship, of some sort, with Commander Pyxis. Hopefully when the time comes around, I would've cooled off a little more to set things straight with you.

Until then, keep my friends safe.

Y/N

Dear Zion,

How are things without me? I'll definitely say that things aren't the same without my friends. As much as I hate to admit it, I miss all of you guys calling me 'Sunshine.' Now I know you've been causing trouble and I won't hesitate to tell Hange or even Levi to beat you up if you play up. You're the most chaotic of us after all.

I think you'd love the two boys I've made friends with, they definitely match your energy and their personalities are in sync with yours and Reece's.