XXIV - Unknown Rivalry

"You."

***

My brother chuckled.

"Ain't this a surprise?" He laughed. "You made it to the surface." I looked at them both perplexed as to what was happening around me. It wasn't until now I had realized the rest of the squad was now seated in the hall doing the same as me. Watching as the scene before us unraveled.

"You... you guys know each other?" I asked with uncertainty lacing my tone. Levi's jaw was clenched, his glare not meant for me still managing to have me sweat drop.

"More than I'd like to admit." He spit. Felix smiled widely.

"It's been a few years hasn't it?" He asked tilting his head slightly in question.

"Few years? What are you talking about?" I ask. My eyebrows furrow as they both choose to completely cut me out of their attention span.

"How's the boss doing?" Felix asked.

"How noble of you to ask me such question but you couldn't even bother to listen to his name when he hired you. And to think you're a soldier?" Levi hissed. "Pathetic."

"Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on?!" I shout, my voice echoing through the hall. Everyone, including the conflicting boys turned to look at me in surprise. I glared at the two, Felix shrinking under my gaze, Levi remaining unfazed.

"He's your brother?" Levi asked lowly. My gaze snapped to him from my brother, my eyes narrowing at him making confusion briefly contort his features. "Farlan hired him to 'test' me in the Underground. He threatened me, blackmailed me. Even after Farlan had let him go, he still kept coming back." Levi said stiffly. My eyes widen as I turn to Felix.

"You truly are a dipshit, aren't you?" I deadpan.

"You were an undercover soldier, how low could you go?" Levi said monotonously. Felix shrugged.

"I did what I had to." He replies with ease.

"What did you get out of it? We were already struggling." Levi shoots back instantly. The air was thick, so thick I could barely find the strength to swallow the lump that held its ground in my throat.

"Nothing." Felix sighed. My head snapped towards him in anger. "I got little information."

"Oh yeah? How'd that turn out for you?" Levi said smugly.

"Terribly, obviously. I got my ass kicked by you." Felix spat back.

"Yeah, no wonder." I scoff.

"Why are you defending him, Y/N? I'm your brother." Felix asked.

"Maybe because I know just how much of a prick you can be, especially because it's well and truly on display right now." I retort. "This visit was meant to be nice. Just get along before I kick your fucking heads in for your immaturity." I say rubbing the temple of my head as I paced to the large table where the Felix and Luca squad sat at. I took a seat on a chair, two other chairs on either side of me.

"Tch." Levi clicked his tongue as he occupied the seat on my left, Felix silently treading to the chair on my right. The atmosphere was incredibly awkward, everyone sitting down twiddling their fingers.

"Reece, Zion. These two boys here are Jay and Hayden." I say leaning back in my chair, crossing one leg over the other and gesturing between the two sets of boys. They looked at each other awkwardly, their faces debating on whether or not now was the best time to get to know each other.

"Just fucking talk already." Levi snapped. I glared at him.

"You can cut that shit out." I sneer at him, instantly on defense for the boys. "Don't take your anger out on them." He stared hard and cold into my gaze before scoffing, standing up and walking out of the hall. I sigh heavily, watching as Hange got up to go after him.